4

To me, fair friend, you never can be old,
For as you were when first your eye I eyed,
Such seems your beauty still. Three winters cold
Have from the forests shook three summers' pride,
Three beauteous springs to yellow autumn turned
In process of the seasons have I seen,
Three April perfumes in three hot Junes burned,
Since first I saw you fresh, which yet are green.
Ah, yet doth beauty, like a dial hand,
Steal from his figure and no pace perceived;
So your sweet hue, which methinks still doth stand,
Hath motion and mine eye may be deceived;
For fear of which, hear this, thou age unbred:
Ere you were born was beauty's summer dead

I awoke abruptly from the forceful bumps when the plane made contact with the ground. stretching, i look over to see jack making conversation quietly with the same flight attendant from before. I grimace and look out the window. The brighton airport was bare. fog rested in the distance and the sky was cloudy and grey. depressing, but beautiful. I always imagined living in a castle estate in england, so when my grandmother got sick, i got excited, which sounds so cruel but it means i finally get to live out my fantasy. taking care of my sick grandmother yes, but also living on her stone estate. 

The brighton airport was surprisingly packed, making it hard for us to get through. jack grasped my wrist tightly leading me through the doors until i could manage to breathe the fresh air. we made a beeline straight to the uber on the side of the road. 

I had forgotten how lovely the drive to grandmothers estate was. most of the drive was just tall forests and lakes, and sometimes you came through a clearing with miles of rolling mountains and greenery, then back to forests again. grandmas house was on a long hill with a great field, with miles of thick wood behind the house. 

rolling up the gravel driveway, jack tried talking to me but the sound of the crunching under the tires was too loud. I made the "huh" gesture at him as he repeated himself until he got angry and half shouted 

" will i be taking care of your grandmother as well or will it just be you" that time i hear him clearly. I was confused as to how he didn't understand that he was my boyfriend and that meant that he should probably make an attempt to help out me, along with my family. 

"some help might be appreciated"  I yelled back as he nodded quietly. finally the crunching stopped and the car slowly rolled to a stop. Opening the car door i was immediately struck by the smell of freshly mowed grass, flowers, and cold. it made me happy. apparently the scent made jack happy as well because he seemed to have forgotten to tip. 

i knocked on the window of the uber and pulled 5 dollars out of my small wallet and gave it to him smiling awkwardly. he smiled, nodded, and backed down the driveway with a small wave.