Chapter 7: Calm before the Storm

It was after the rescue mission of Shiva a.k.a Y/n's mother, they are on their way back to base. Y/n, Annie and Eren were catching up while having a conversation.

Annie: What do.you mean?

Eren: What's the Curse of Ymir?

Y/n: The curse is that you only have 13 years to live it you're a Titan shifter. It isn't true Annie. They only say that us just to threaten us and do what they asked us to do.

Annie: All of that was a lie? How did you know about this?

Y/n: Ever since I was chosen to wield the Ultimate Titan. I didn't told you guys because it was for your own safety.

Annie: I understand. Thank you though for telling me.

Eren: So what are we gonna do with this dude once we arrive back at base?

Y/n: We ask him questions, if he doesn't answer to us let's give to Captain Levi.

Eren: He'll get a major beating if he doesn't answer.

........

They finally arrived back at base AA Annie and Eren went down from Y/n's shoulder with the unconscious Titan Shifter. Y/n went out of his Titan form and land next to Annie.

Erwin: Good work on the mission everyone, this is the first where we didn't even lose a comrade. Take a rest for the upcoming expedition in 10 days. Dismissed.

Levi: Locked that guy in a cell until he wakes up. You can do all you want for the meantime but don't do any shenanigans.

Everyone split up to do their own thing. Mikasa was looking down sad as Y/n knew what's wrong. He walked towards the entrance of the base as Petra saw him.

Petra: Y/n, where are you going?

Y/n: Just getting something from my room. Can you escort Mom to her for me sis?

Petra: Sure. Let's go Mrs. L/n.

Shiva: Thank you, see later sweetie.

Y/n: See you Mom.

Y/n went to his room and searched for his blue scarf that he kept with him since he was a kid.

Y/n: Now where did I put that scarf?

Minutes of searching for it he finally found it and head out of his room to look for Mikasa.

Y/n: Now where could she be?

He was walking around until he bumped into Eren.

Eren: Hey Y/n, why are you in a hurry?

Y/n: I was looking for Mikasa, have you seen her?

Eren: She's over there on the hill with a tree.

Y/n: Thanks.

He went towards where Eren told him  and saw Mikasa sitting near the tree hugging her knees. He walked towards her and sat beside her.

Y/n: You okay?

Mikasa: Not really.

Y/n: You lost your scarf?

Mikasa: How did you know?

Y/n: I saw it when I was fighting one of the Titan Shifter. Glad it didn't get you though.

Mikasa: But that scarf was really important to me. Eren gaved it to me when he saved me.

Y/n: I'm sorry you lost something special to you. That's why I'm here to give you something.