Chapter 12: Warriors

Everyone was following Erwin as they got out of the district. Hange also told the others that Nick knew there were Titans in the wall making them go wide eyes.

Y/n: Huh?

Eren: He knew?! There's Titans in the wall and he knows about it?

Hange: Yes although he kept his mouth shut this entire time. But now he's coming to witness the harsh reality. Will his beliefs be strong enough for him to stay silent! Or will seeing it with his own eyes make him question himself?

Eren: No no no no! This is all backwards. If there's something you know, tell us about it. Nothing's more important than keeping humans from going extinct!

Eren stood up but Y/n made him sit back down.

Y/n: Calm down Eren.

Mikasa: Y/n is right, you're still not fully healed.

Annie: Want me to beat him out cold?

Y/n: Annie now's not the time.

Annie: Just saying.

Levi then pulled out a pistol out his jacket surprising everyone.

Levi: There's more than one ways to get answers. I may be injured and useless right now but it doesn't take much just to watch one man. I'm hoping we can settle this without blasting a hole in anyone. Aren't you?

Hange: Threatening him won't work Levi, believe me I tried.

Y/n: How exactly?

Hange: I almost threw him off the wall.

Y/n: Okay?

Hange: It seems to me that the priests is capable of sound judgement. That's why I wonder, what if the reason he doesn't talk is because he knows something more important than the fate of humanity.

As they continued on their way, Y/n and Levi noticed Hange was examining a rock.

Levi: Hey Hange, hey four eyes. Are your hobbies so boring that playing with rocks is fun for you.

Hange: Yeah that's right. But this isn't no ordinary rock. It's a harden fragment of skin left behind by Y/n's Titan when we were doing some experiments.

Armin: Huh? It didn't disappear.

Hange: Right? Y/n transformed into a titan it's still intact though it broke off from his body. It didn't evaporate or disappeared. So I thought "what if?" When I compared it to the piece of the wall, it's pattern and composition were particularly identical. In other words, the wall is a barricade of Colossal Titans. And if I'm right, the surface is constructed with hardened Titan skin.

Mikasa: That's exactly what Armin was saying.

Armin: T-Then-

Hange: Let me finish Armin. As it stands, we'll be hard pressed to fill the hole in Wall Rose. That's unless we can the perfect boulder to plug it. But..... But if Eren, Y/n and Annie in their transformation. Could use their hardening ability to seal the hole in the wall.

Y/n: Us?

Hange: The wall should be made of the same material. And seeing how the hardened section won't evaporate, even after you revert from a Titan. It's possible.

Armin: I think it's worth the rain to try. And assuming it really does work reclaiming Wall Maria is feasible too. Up until now, we've had to transport a large quantity of supplies. That's why the need for Outposts past the wall limited our progress. But if we don't have to accommodate supple wagons, we could quickly make our to Shiganshina. What if we carried out the plan at night?