Nuts Berries and the Truth

Chapter 9- Nuts, Berries, and the Truth

Clarke had awoken slowly she looked over to where Cora should have been and panicked. She quickly put her boots on grabbing her jacket and scurrying out of her tent. She walked over to Bellamy's tent to alert the other leader, "Bellamy, Cora's gone she's-"

Her words were cut off as he tried to shush her as much as possible without moving. Cora had shifted through the night and ended up resting her head on his bare chest, her hands gripping to the blanket-type figure. Clarke could see a couple braids in her hair where he could reach. "You apparently kicked her out of the bed last night," he said with a light laugh.

"Oh that's something I didn't- okay I'm just gonna go," she nodded leaving the tent. Bellamy shook his head with a small chuckle.

Cora stayed asleep for a while as Bellamy combed through her hair with his fingers undoing the braids. He lightly circled his fingers around her back as she snuggled closer to him. Shortly after groans could be heard from the blonde as she shifted, "Morning sleepy-head."

A small smile tugged at his lips as he received another groan in response. "Why is your body so warm?" She mumbled the question her lips brushing against his skin not moving the position she was in.

"A process of body functions that I didn't pay much attention to in class," he replied keeping his hand on her back.

"It's to early for you to be a smartass," she said as she slowly sat up bring her knees to her chest, she rested her elbows on her knees rubbing her eyes.

"Its never to early as someone once said," he said in response lifting himself up slightly on his elbows. The back of her shirt hiked up a bit showing the end of the cuts. "You wanna talk about it?" There was a pause in between his words creating deathly silence. "Cora, you're gonna have to tell someone."

She stayed silent a moment more the sounds of a few people walking around and fire cracking could be heard as her lips parted. "They started off asking me simple questions, I'd answer of course not in anyway they wanted. Then they brought in Mat," her body stiffened as did Bellamy's.

"They said he died pushing some taller guy out of the way," tears pricked at her eyes. "They took him away and then hit me again. After I woke up there was a bucket of water," she rubbed her hand across the bottom of her nose sniffling. "They asked questions again, I still didn't answer. They would dunk my head and one of the times I took a knife from the guy. I'd passed out, woke up with my hands bound to two sides of the wall and I didn't have a shirt on. I didn't say anything when they asked more questions, so they whipped my back." She tried to talk as fast as possible to just as quickly suppress the memories.

She bit the insides of her cheeks as tears treaded down her cheeks, "they cut me loose and I just lied there because I was to weak. I couldn't move. Then he came in." Bellamys' shoulders tensed as he sat up fully. "His actions were different, he was different. I-I heard his belt being taken off, after a struggle I killed him. I got into the hall, there was another I killed him too. Then I ran, I ran and I ran and I ran. Then I got here, and you and Clarke were there and I, I was weak."

"Cora," his voice was soft as he watched a tear roll down her cheek.

"It's okay. I'm okay," she said quickly wiping away the tear and its trail trying to force a smile.

"Hey what I said yesterday, about you not having to pull any bull with me, I wasn't pulling any jokes."

"Thanks Bellamy," she nodded locking eyes with him. His face resembled a puppy, so soft and caring like he could lick your face, well more so hug someone until they smiled. His eyes seeped into hers bringing what little innocence left out. He stood up and slid on his shirt smoothly, she watched as he did so. He stuck a hand helping her up, she winced as she stumbled back slightly her body still healing.,