Bellamy

Chapter 16- Bellamy

"Don't shoot!" A small girl called out alerting the guards on post. "It's Lucy!" Lucy? Bellamy thought jogging to the gate, they were losing daylight rapidly and he was down two people Lucy and Cora.

"Open the gate!" He called out watching as the girl hobbled in, brotherly senses took over and he immediately helped her to a chair. "What happened?" He asked carefully taking off her boot checking the swelling of her ankle. Most of the teens returned to their work in securing the walls gunners ready at their posts.

"When we were running I tripped and Cora came back for me then-"

"Cora, where is she?" He glanced back at the gate desperately searching for the stubborn blonde to come running in.

"She told me she was gonna do something stupid. Told me to make it back and make my presence clear." Bellamy's stomach twisted hearing those words, he glanced at the swollen foot then glanced at Miller.

"Hey, can you take her to the drop ship them get to the post I'll be there shortly I need to pile up some sand bags." The thief nodded and helped the shoeless girl to away. He glanced around realizing the mood had shifted, most people had overheard their conversation and it was probably relayed to those within the foxholes. The feisty girl was no where to be found and could be presumed dead. He set down a couple bags before grabbing a radio placing the device close to his lips.

"Everybody, listen up. I know you're afraid, but how you chose to handle that fear is up to you. You can let break you down or you can use it to make you stronger." He walked around gripping a boys shoulder who look petrified. "Are we just a bunch a kids from the Ark that weren't strong enough to survive? Because if we lose today, if we let the fear win, that is what they'll say about us. But I say, screw fear I'm tellin' my own damn story! What do you say?"

The few cheered in agreement, he repeated himself amplifying their adrenaline. They cheered louder before he ended the the radio contact and headed to the foxhole where Miller and Octavia were. Monroe was there as Welles they all stood guard watching for movement. "There!" She let off a fire at the body moved back.

From the darkness a voice called out, "If I get shot one more fucking time I swear!" The voice threatened.

"Holy shit," Miller commented his eyes widening.

"Cover me," Bellamy stated exiting the foxhole to walk over. A delicate hand showed itself as he walked down the small hill. She stepped out her hair almost glowing in the light of the moon. He walked towards her as did she.

-

Cora walked carefully as she saw another person walking towards her as well. She looked at the person trying to figure out what name belonged to the body, the moon coating their outline made it difficult. As they got closer she took steps forward as well and then she knew. She knew when his hand cupped her cheek as the other cradled her waist lifting her up slightly. She knew as his lips crashed onto hers like a wave on the beach. She knew as her body reacted the same way one arm lifting to his neck. She knew the way his lips moved with hers, how gentle they were. Meanwhile Miller openly commented in the back noting that Octavia had indeed won the bet.

They mutually pulled apart her lips still parted as she looked up at him. Bellamy. He paused as his breathing returned to normal before hardly saying anything. "We should get back," his words were a hushed whisper. Their bodies as close as possible as they held each other their foreheads slightly touching.

She nodded, "yeah." Although they still hadn't let go of one another, in fact they were even closer than before his hand resting on the small of her back the other still resting on her cheek, their foreheads touching gently. "Nah." She spoke again reaching up to her tippy toes as her lips attached to his savoring the feeling of his lips against hers.