You're Inspiring

Chapter 2- You're Inspiring

Cora continued to play with the tent, occasionally Wells would help, or he'd go out a bit and look for Clarke. The emotions he had towards her weren't just friend based, he liked her. Cora looked at the two, they musta been good friends on the Ark from him to want to come all the way down here to see her. Bored of making her tent and that she needed a few more vines and twigs Cora stood up and walked around the area. She was compelled to the light caused by the fire, every step she took was light and quiet, compared to the shouting, whooping, and laughter. She could hear Well's voice as she tried to push through the crowd. "What the hell are you doing?" He asked sounding worried but also furious.

"We're liberating ourselves. What does it look like?" Cora knew that voice, much to well. Bellamy, what the hell are you doing? Cora thought finally pushing through everyone. Her eyes widened looking at the melting braclet's then she looked up seeing Murphy with that nasty smirk of his. Her eyes then narrowed looking at Bellamy.

"It looks like you're trying to get us all killed. The communication system is dead. These wristbands are all we got. Take them off, and the Ark will think we're dying, that it's not safe for them to follow." Wells spoke so powerfully, but all odds were against him and Cora knew that.

"That's the point, Chancellor. We can take care of ourselves, can't we?" Bellamy spoke stronger than Well. He stood up straighter, spoke louder with more confidence.

"Yeah!" The surrounding crowd cheered.

"You think-"

"Okay hah, this is great we're all discussing the needs of ourselves." Cora interrupted looking around. Both the boys tilted their head looking at her. "But lets be honest, these guys fighting isn't gonna help." Everyone seemed to quiet down for the girl who was speaking, "What we need to is work together. How many of you actually were able to run around the Ark?" She asked few people responded, "That's what I thought, but now, now we can do whatever we what! We can run free into the middle of nowhere and scream because it's our right because we are on the ground." People began to smile listening to the girl talk, "But, just because we can do that doesn't mean we should. I don't know about most of you but there is only reason my wristband is still on. There are people up there, correction there is one person up there I give a damn about. I take my wristband off and they'll think I'm dead. Same goes for you. I really don't like half the asshats up there some may be your very own parents but they are your parents. Don't you want them down here? Experience this with you? Miller you're parents are up there right?"

He nodded in response, she raised her voice empowering her speech, "I agree with Bellamy, whatever the hell we want, but don't be stupid about it. You take off your wristband and your dead. When the Ark comes to Earth after we've been here I can grantee if we all stand together we can keep doing whatever the hell we want with the additional help so we don't have to find our own food but only if these annoying things stay on." Everyone started to agree with her, people were getting out of line, Murphy glared at them as Bellamy carefully watched the girl.

"And what happens if they don't let us do what we want?" Bellamy asked testing her. He had a smirk plastered across his face his arms crossed across his chest standing up tall, shoulders back making him look bigger.

She turned and looked at him, "we're rebels, are we not? They sent us down here to die and we're still alive, they'll have to listen to us. We'll know the area, every secret in and out and they'll have to get help from us if they want to survive. So we can do whatever the hell we want while still wearing the wristbands. Does that sound like a problem to you?" She questioned as her face was close to his.

"Not at all, Scout." He responded when the sound of thunder rang through their ears.

"Rain! Real rain!" Some girl shouted as the group began to get drenched in water. Cora looked up smiling sticking her hands out feeling the water hit her hands. She laughed effortlessly spinning in the rain as it hit her face so softly. She could hear Bellamy and Wells talking some more but she didn't care. It was raining she along with a couple other campers started to dance around the fire as the heat of the flame kept it alive. Another set of boys who had no rhythm and had made some sort of drum set, as they tried to make music most didn't listen over the roaring sounds of thunder.