Thanks

Chapter 3- Thanks

"Hey stranger," Mat said walking up next to Cora. She smiled looking up at him, he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Oh hey beautiful," she replied looking at up at him. She chuckled walking towards the drop ship with him. He looked down at her hand noticing the scab marks.

"What happened?" He asked grabbing her hand rubbing his thumb over the marks.

"I fought a monkey for a banana," she joked watching two kids walk by, they laughed and ran around playing some sort of capture whatever the hell is in his pocket. She laughed as the boy fell walking towards the drop ship. "God where is Clarke, I'm starving," Cora said looking up at him then seeing Wells walk by with a pile of clothes.

"What about that banana?" Mat asked looking at the darker boy as well seeing he was confronted by Atom.

"Oh it was great," she had a cheeky grin plastered across her face.

He chuckled looking around, "So was the little girl screaming 'Fuck You' this morning your doing?"

Another smile reappeared on her face, "Well of course, I mean I have to influence the young since I'm inspirational."

She giggled looking at him, he shook his head slightly, "don't let that go to you head."

"I think it already has," her response had an unclear tone to it. They continued to walk until they stopped at the front of the drop ship. Cora sighed seeing Atom and Wells fight, Atom was a good guy but man was he one of Bellamy's bitches. Cora looked at was as they continued to talk, he looked like he had a few cuts and scrapes and a hand with the marks of a wristband that was once there. Her tall shoulders slouched as she saw there was no wrist band, you coulda done better, she scolded herself.

"You okay?" Mat asked noticing her mood had shifted.

"Yeah, just annoyed with the amount of idiocy in the male species."

"Oh thanks."

She smiled at him then looked over to see Bellamy walking out of the drop ship shirtless, to then be followed by one of his many sluts. "Hmmp, I thought he'd go with the red head first," she spoke quietly so only Mat could hear, he chuckled silently removing his arm for her shoulder to cross his arms. Cora avoided getting into this fight only if it got physical. She went back to examining Bellamy, his shoulders stood tall as he was clearly showing of what he had plus his gun. His hair was no longer sleeked back but a big curly mess, she a feeling down her gut that made her wanna go over there and just play with his hair and make little braids. Something that just wouldn't have him be so attractive. Then she noticed the bruise, it was along his cheekbone it was a darker purple coated around a pinkish-red. "How is it I'm one of the most irresponsible people but one of the most mature?"

Mat scoffed looking at her, "Excuse me? You mature? Is that the start to a bad punch line? Oh wait you already punched Bellamy."

Cora looked at him and smiled slightly hitting his chest with her hand with little to no force, "Thanks asshat I'll make sure to remember that. Plus he took off Wells wristband, I was angry and it's honestly not the worst I've delivered."

Mat smiled looking at her just didn't respond. In the distance a girl cried out screaming, everyone's head shot up as Cora jogged over with the boys. She was greeted by Murphy holding a girl next to a fire her wristband still on. "Bellamy. Check it out. We want the Ark to think that the ground is killing us, right? Figure it'll look better if we suffer a little bit first."

"Murphy what the hell!" Cora said making her way down a hill to release the girl from his grip. She nodded a thanks holding her wrist as she ran away. Murphy rolled his eyes standing up as soon as he did Cora knocked him onto the ground with a blow to his face.