Batman's Ancestors

TW: Mention of toxic relationship behaviors and sex/gender objectification in this chapter.

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Pinterest

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Unknown

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for the characters of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

I got dressed really fast and went to the stream to wake Rin and Jaken up. The events of last night would not leave my poor mind alone, yet I kept my apathetic demeanor. But there was no way to hide my flaring cheeks. Every time he glanced at me, my heart sped up, and I couldn't return his gaze. I felt like he was mocking me because he new it flustered me, and I wanted to get him back.

We made our way to the east where Higashi Mountain was, making necessary stops for Rin along the way, and we finally got to the mountain around nightfall. Rin had passed out on Ah-Un, so I tucked the purple flowers she had given to me in my pocket. Her flower crown became disheveled in her restless sleep, and I started missing my modern world Rin again as I watched her face.

I'm worried about her. . . The house mother better be taking care of her.

I was taken from my thoughts when I saw Sesshomaru bound up the mountain. I followed him, bounding back and forth between the many ledges, and I could sense a whole community of very strong demons ahead. The crystals began to resonate again, and they were guiding me toward the center of the mountain.

I was about to be at the top when something strong grabbed me. I was about to call out, but it covered my mouth with a clawed, ebony hand. Sesshomaru was too far away to notice, but I knew he'd figure it out. So, I kept calm as I was escorted farther into the mountain. Headed straight for the crystal, I didn't fight back.

I walked through what you could call a threshold, and the tunnel opened up into an immensely tall and wide cave. I sensed demons everywhere, but they were all hidden in the shadows or on the ceiling. Typical bat-like behavior. In the middle of the damp cave there was the crystal, floating in the middle of a tripod of pillar-like stones. It resonated as I entered the room, as if responding to my presence. I just need to get it and go. . . But I'm surrounded by strange, foreign demons. . . I'll have to think strategically.

My captor stepped into the light, and I got a good look at him. His reds eyes studied me carefully, and horns protruded from his silky, black and gray-ombre hair. I was staring at him coldly, yet his expression wasn't phlegmatic but full of warmth and welcome.

"My Lord has asked me to keep you in one of the lofts. He wishes to speak with you, Bearer of the Crystals." He kneeled down in front of me, his voice as smooth and silky as his hair. Not intending to answer, I waited for him to show me where to go. He got the message and brought me to a high ledge. I felt like I was a prisoner because while it wasn't closed in by bars, it was too high for anyone to jump out of without hurting themselves. I bent my knees, ready to jump up there, but was stopped when he grabbed my waist. I instantly felt weightless as I saw the ledge coming closer, and I realized he was flying. Turning back in a haste, my sight was met by black, bat wings.