Peaceful?

TW: Mention of suicide and depressive thoughts in this chapter.

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Pinterest

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Anime: Inuyasha

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for the characters of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

I sat down across from them both with my hands on my feet in a butterfly position, giving them a nonchalant stare. Inuyasha seemed to be thinking, as his eyes were closed, and he was leaning against the wall with his rusty sword between his arm. Kagome had an intimidated look, and I sighed.

"What's this about? If I need to leave, it's perfectly fine." I said.

"No, no, that's not it. It's just-" She paused.

"Are you a demon?" Inuyasha finished eagerly, earning a glare from Kagome.

"No." I replied with disinterest.

"Then are you a human?" He asked. I shifted uncomfortably.

"Last time I checked." I said.

"Then why this?!" He said as he swiftly removed my aviator hat. I wasn't expecting it, and he was so fast. In the midst of shock and confusion, I grabbed a nearby cloth and covered my head before anything was seen. Kagome gasped.

"What do you have to hide?!" Inuyasha exclaimed. I gave him a nonchalant look, signaling my noncooperation. Kagome looked at me with pleading eyes. I decided I didn't want to lose a friend, considering I was in short supply of them.

"You have to promise me, Kagome-"

"Yes?!" She asked, anxious of my reply.

"That you won't judge me because you are one of two of the only friends I have, and in my situation, lying wouldn't help, but telling the truth could hurt, too." I continued. She nodded her consent, and I slowly removed the cloth, revealing two elf-like, pointy ears. She gasped.

"Ah hah! See?! I told ya, Kagome." Inuyasha said satisfactorily. She sighed.

"Yes, Inuyasha. Congrats." She said, irritated. I looked at the ground.

"Hold out your hands." He said. I did as he said, and he grabbed them.

"Yep, demon alright. But what kind?" He pondered. "She's not dog or wolf, and I can't tell by her scent because she smells human." He said, bewildered. His ears twitched. Kagome seemed to be deep in thought.

"Do you have any powers?" She asked.

"Not that I know of." I said. I wasn't ready to tell her of me being a double personality, phsyco, vigilante yet. She reached out to calm my shaking hands, but as soon as she touched me, I felt my energy sap again, sneezing.

"Eh? What just happened?" She asked.

"Damn, Kagome." I sniffled, recovering my composure. "Are you a demon?" I asked, causing her to chuckle.

"Afraid not," she said, "but now I'm sure you're a demon because my spiritual powers must have affected you." She giggled.

"Spiritual powers?" I inquired with a tilt of my head.

"Similar to the sacred tree," she explained, "I'm a priestess, and I can purify demons."

"Oh, well. . . In that case. . . Do it again." I demanded.