Koga and Ayame

TW: Mention of toxic relationship behaviors, mental illness, and drugging another individual in this chapter. Disclaimer: I also wrote about a mental health medication without really knowing much about it nor about how medicines work. Don't try this shit at home please.

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Google

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Unknown

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for the likeness to my own OC of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

My plan was to use my lithium medication against him. I had been prescribed lithium for my mania and depressive disorder about two years ago, but it never helped. I stopped using it a year ago, but I knew it was in my bag because I had put everything I owned in there. Being a demon, overdose wouldn't kill him. Hopefully, it would just make him weak, dizzy, have blurred vision, clumsy, drowsy, or slow. I had experience in medicines from a course I took, so I was going to pour the powder from the pill into a needle, add water, and attack him with it. It would definitely be hard and would probably take more than one try. Worth a shot. . . I don't have anything to lose besides my two friends. . . They'll be fine without me.

I went to go wash up because I woke up before anyone else, and Sesshomaru was gone. Running away again would be bad. . . He would just catch up with me. I came back, and Rin was stirring. Jaken was still out like a light. I grabbed my bag and took out a medical needle, went to the stream, and began to prepare it. Lithium affects the flow of sodium through nerve and muscle cells in the body, so it should have some effect whether you're human or demon.

I walked back to the camp as Rin awoke, Sesshomaru returned, and we journeyed on. Hours into our journey, Rin got hungry, and we stopped to get food. Jaken brought Ah-Un to a nearby stream, and Rin went to get food. I was alone with Sesshomaru and decided to make my move. Alone with a good-looking guy, and I'm trying to drug him. . . Shows for insanity. . . But it's my best shot at this point. . . literally. He was resting against a tree with his eyes shut, and I knew I couldn't sneak up to him. I'll have to use my vigilant speed and mask my scent. He wasn't asleep because I could hear his unsteady breathing, and he kept his senses up. Keeping the hand with the needle behind my back, I took a mental breather. Here goes.

I bounded towards him with superhuman speed, but he was faster and disappeared before I could plunge the needle into his neck. Damn. . . I looked around but couldn't find him. I looked up just in time to see him diving down at me, and I jumped out of the way as he gracefully landed where I was. He jumped after me, and I had to keep dodging his attacks. I need to get on the offensive. . . I'll let him get one hit on me, pretend to be too injured to fight back, and wait for him to approach. . . Then I'll get him. I stopped mid-dodge, and he hit me hard, knocking me to the ground. The breath was knocked from my lungs, and I gave him a hard stare, which he returned with ease.