Look of Insanity

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Pinterest

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Anime: Inuyasha

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for the characters of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

SESSHOMARU'S P.O.V:

I held her shoulders as she stood up, ignoring the pain, and I saw a tear leave her eye.

"You don't have to. I'll go myself." I told her as I wiped the searing tear.

"No." She whispered as she shook her head. "I have to come." More tears flowed, and she looked up in frustration. "I just want it to end." She sobbed as she looked at the ground. "If I'm dead, I want to actually be dead. I don't want to be a walking corpse with no soul of my own. I had a life!" She yelled, and I noticed her aura changing. We're too late.

"Star. Calm down!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Sorry Kagome, Rin, but I'm not coming back." She laughed manically, and I knew my Star was gone.

OTHER STAR'S PERSONALITY'S P.O.V:

He's here. . . Motimiki. Time to complete myself. I smirked at the thought of finally ending her. I had already killed her those three hundred or so years ago, but that wasn't enough. She needed to suffer more, and I think I nailed it.

"Is she okay?" I heard the demon slayer whisper to the monk, who nodded with uncertainty.

"I don't think so." The monk said in dismay. I laughed.

"Why so sad?" I looked at him with discontent, which caused him and the rest to draw back in fear. It amused me. I felt someone grab my arm and twist it around my body, and he pushed my face to the ground. Sesshomaru. . . I forgot about the whelp.

"You're not going anywhere." He seethed. I laughed manically.

"Am I?" I said as I extended razor blades from the folds of my feathers, and I sliced him with my wings. He ignored the pain with a grimace as he kept his position. "Well, aren't you a toughie." I laughed. "Must really love her. So cute." I taunted. He growled in annoyance. "You gonna hold me like this all night?" I asked implicitly. "I can get used to it." I smirked. Sesshomaru took the hilt of his sword and hit me in the back of my head in an attempt to knock me out. I played along and pretended to be unconscious, and he pick me up with a sigh as he walked away from the onlookers.

"Where're you going?" Kagome yelled.

"None of your business." Sesshomaru replied as he laid me on a returning Ah-Un and turned toward the forest that held the sword. They waited until he disappeared behind the darkness of the trees before running up to me.

"Star?" Kagome whispered as she took my hand. "I know you're in there. Can you hear me?" Her eyes teared up.

"Kagome." Inuyasha's eyes washed over with dismay as he put a hand on her shoulder. Sango laid her head on Miroku's shoulder as they watched anxiously. My eyes shot open, and I smirked.

"Loud and clear!" I said as I hit Inuyasha, sending him flying the other way, and I grabbed Kagome by the neck as I flew in the air. She clawed at my hands in vain as I strangled her, and her legs kicked back and forth as she tried to throw my balance. Her eyes watered, and her face became red as she struggled.

"Kagome! Hiraikotsu!" Sango yelled as she threw her boomerang.

"Still haven't learned?!" I dropped Kagome as I caught her boomerang and melted it once again. "You witch!" She yelled as she ran up to a coughing Kagome, and Inuyasha stood up from his bloody fall.

"Oh, that's right!" I exclaimed. "I have a meeting with a certain witch." I smirked. "You're all important to Star, yea?" I laughed. "Well, enjoy your last moments." I sneered as I released my yōki energy with a blast, and it engulfed them. They screamed in pain, and I laughed in joyous entertainment. I heard Inuyasha growl as he stood up, ignoring the pain.

"You will never amount to anything. You're worse than scum of the earth. I hope your death wipes you from existence." He growled as he supported himself with Tessaiga. I sarcastically wiped a nonexistent tear with a hurt expression.

"You put me down. I'm so upset right now." I laughed. I looked down at my arms for the first time to see the inherent markings of her kind, and my chest throbbed. No. . . This can't be. . . How is her demon resurfacing? She can't be alive! I killed her! In my midst of my confusion, Inuyasha landed a hit on me with Wind Scar. I sustained myself in frustration as I pondered the possibilities of her actually coming back and overtaking me. It doesn't matter. My face contorted in rage. Once I'm through. . . She'll be dead for good. . . Wiped from existence. . . No exceptions. . . Not even for spoiled princesses! I screamed in anger as I dissipated his attack.

"You're in the way!" I seethed as I blew him backwards and ran to the sword's resting place, where I'd finally complete my revenge. I'd finally kill her. Her race would once and for all be dead.