Betrayal of Feelings

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Pinterest

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Unknown

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for the characters of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

My eyes widened in horror as blood stained everything around me. Mother. . . Father. . . Amidst the confusion, I realized I wasn't feeling pain and forced myself to look down. Hitomu. . . Hitomu. . . No, not you, too. I can't do this anymore! I glared at the hysterically laughing Hikaru, and something snapped inside me. All the barriers dissipated, the chains melted, and I walked towards him. My aura was drowning everything, and I realized this was my true demon. My true demon. . . I hope he enjoys being the victim and not the perpetrator.

His whimpers were music to my ears as I kept my promise of returning his torture ten-fold. Sesshomaru walked in as his body turned to ashes and blew away, and my aura dissipated. I looked up at him through glazed eyes, and my body moved on its own as I made my way towards a dying Hitomu. My drooping wings dragged the ground as I realized he wasn't going to make it. I kneeled down beside his smiling face and cursed his ability to smile at the worst times when it was most needed.

"You fool. I would have lived. Are you saying I'm a weakling?" That was all I could manage as I saw a tear roll down his cheek.

"I couldn't help myself." He smiled. I narrowed my eyes.

"You're so stupid, Hitomu! You tried to save me, but all you did was cause more grief! I have to live with the fact that someone died because of me again!" I yelled. He grabbed the back of my head and pulled me down. I felt his warmth on my lips, and my eyes widened in shock. It happened so quickly that I couldn't avoid it, and I stared at him in shock.

"I've been waiting to do that." He smiled. "Even though I knew it'd never happen because your heart already belongs to someone." He weakly snickered. "I guess- I guess," He coughed up blood.

"Stop talking fool." I said. "Be still." I caressed his head. I felt Sesshomaru come up beside me, and he brought out one of his swords. I didn't look at him as he stared at Hitomu. Is he going to kill him with that rusty thing? It will put him out of his misery.

"It won't work." Hitomu said. I furrowed my brows. What is he talking about. Sesshomaru put his sword away. "You didn't see them, did you?" He asked weakly. "Yea, I'm not supposed to be alive, so bringing me back to life won't work." He was sweating like crazy. What in the world. I looked up at Sesshomaru's blank face, and he turned around and walked out.

"Wha-," I began, but Hitomu grabbed my hand.

"When you smile, that will be the day I feel alive." He said. "Here." He held a shaking hand out to me, holding the last crystal. I threw it away.