The Possession, the Map, and the Sword

TW: Mentions of SH/A (Sexual Harassment/Assault), toxic relationship behaviors, and sex/gender objectification in this chapter.

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Pinterest

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Anime: Inuyasha

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for thecharacters of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

KAGOME'S P.O.V:

We had been walking since we left Kaede's village that morning. After Naraku's death, we didn't have anything to journey for, but Inuyasha and I decided to go for a walk anyway. I knew I would have to return to my world soon to visit with Star. I didn't want to tell her about the bone eater's well, but I was worried she might change and go all crazy again. As I was thinking that, Inuyasha startled me by wrapping his arms around my waist from the back.

"I-inuyasha?" I stammered.

"Your hair smells good." He said as I felt his breath tickle my neck. I felt my cheeks heat up. I knew I shouldn't be embarrassed because we were married now, but it was so weird! I wasn't used to it yet.

"Th-thanks," was all I could manage. "U-um" I began. He snickered.

"You always get so flustered, Kagome." He said.

"Yea! Because I'm not used to this, Dummy!" I yelled.

"Well, you better figure it out because I'm not gonna stop." He teased.

"Inuyasha!" I pleaded. He snickered again.

"Wait." He said as he sniffed the air.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I smell Sesshomaru and..." He sniffed some more. "Star?!" He yelled.

"Star?!" I repeated verbatim.

"Yea, she's changed to full demon again." He said gravely.

"How'd she get here?!" I asked.

"She must have realized we were gone and followed our scent." He said.

"But I thought she wasn't a dog or wolf demon?" I asked in confusion.

"No, she isn't, but whatever she is, it's foreign and dangerous." He said. "I don't think she can control it, though. I believe all she can do is prepare for the worst every time she changes. Can't help but feel sorry for her." He stated.

"Yea. . . We have to help!" I said.

"Yea, let's go." He said as I climbed on his back.

SESSHOMARU'S P.O.V:

We had been fighting the whole night. When the sun finally peeked over the horizon, she seemed to revert back to human and fell faint. I had to admit, she was strong and could put up a fight. Although she was completely insane and sadistic, I couldn't help but feel drawn to her presence. It was my demon nature.

I dropped to one knee, out of breath, and I could hear her chest rise and fall in deep, ragged breaths. I have to stop that demon from completely possessing her. . . She's my possession and mine only. No other demon is allowed to control her but me. . . And she is my property as long as she bears the crystals. . . I'll make her use them to find the long sought out Sword of Kamikaze. If she defies me, I'll show her why she shouldn't.