Yumemi

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Pinterest

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Unknown

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for the likeness to my own OC of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

SESSHOMARU'S P.O.V:

I couldn't protect them. . . Rin. . . Star. . . They're all dead. . . The only ones I loved. . . She's finally a part of the clouds she dreamed about. . . She's free at last. I sensed my half breed brother and his friends enter. I couldn't care less right now. I hoped I'd die. But not before I kill her.

I stood up slowly with Rin in my arms. I walked over to Star and laid Rin next to her. I then picked up Rin from the modern era and wiped the blood from her chin with my sleeve as I laid her with Star as well. It took everything I had not to lose control and kill every last person in this place.

"Star!" I heard the priestess yell, but I paid no attention. My eyes were set on the demoness I was soon to kill. Her silver eyes danced with arrogance as she glared at me. Those silky black wings and foreign colored hair that I had grown so attached to were now ragged, dull, and colorless. I felt my demon nature rise with so much anger, I couldn't hold back anymore, and I let loose what I had denied control for so long.

KAGOME'S P.O.V:

"I want to go in there! I want to make sure Star's alright!" I yelled in frustration as my friends sat in silence around the forest.

"Sesshomaru wouldn't allow it. It's his journey, anyway. Besides, Star is perfectly capable of handling herself." Inuyasha said.

"But my gut feeling is bad, and when my gut feeling is bad, something always goes wrong." I whined.

"You're ju-" Inuyasha began.

"I agree with her." Miroku cut him off. "Something doesn't feel right. That Yoshe chic Big Rin talked about seemed legit in her warning." He said with absolute seriousness.

"Well, if it comes to a battle, I can no longer use Hiraikotsu." Sango said mournfully as she studied her melted weapon.

"We'll get it fixed." Miroku assured her as he put his hand on her shoulder.

"Well, what are we waiting around for? Let's go." Inuyasha said as they took off into the forest. "This is bad." He said as they neared the cave.

"What?!" Kagome exclaimed anxiously.

"I smell Rin's blood, and I no longer sense Star." He said darkly.

"What?! But both Rins went back to Kaede's village with Shippo and Kohaku for protection!" Sango exclaimed.

"I don't know, but let's go!" Inuyasha commanded as they entered the cave.

My heart stopped when I saw Sesshomaru holding Little Rin. He was crying, and Star was lifeless on the floor. I looked around, and I couldn't believe that Big Rin was dead, too. She had a hole in her stomach. Everything seemed to go in slow motion as I ran toward Star. I thought I called her name, but I couldn't remember. Sesshomaru had placed the bodies next to one another, and I supported Star's head as tears streamed down my face. She was dead. She's dead. I rocked back and forth in absolute agony as the tears wouldn't stop. My heart was tearing apart, and I couldn't rationalize the situation. My best friend is dead.