More Victims

TW: Mention of toxic relationship behaviors and sex/gender objectification in this chapter.

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Pinterest

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Anime: Inuyasha

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for the characters of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

I sat there, legs crisscrossed again, as the demon got closer and closer. Sesshomaru stared coldly in the direction, and Hitomu stood at the ready with his katana out in front. Why do their names sound so familiar?! Hitomu and Hikaru. . . Ugh! I watched as the demon jumped over the trees and landed in front of us. He looked at me and smirked.

"Well, babe, long time no see. You got two guys fighting over you?!" He asked, looking at the others. "Just shows why I should be here, too!" He exclaimed excitedly. I got up, took Ah-Un and Rin, and slowly walked away. "Don't go anywhere, babe! You gotta watch me fight these weaklings!" He exclaimed. I completely ignored him as Jaken, Rin, Ah-Un, and I calmly walked away.

SESHOMARU'S P.O.V:

I watched as Star left with Rin. My ears were still ringing with that sword demon's annoying voice. The other demon began to attack with his katana, but his efforts were futile.

"Trying to fight a sword demon with a sword?! Do you even have a brain?!" He yelled. The bat jumped back just in time for the demon's sword to shatter the earth where he stood only a few moments before. "What's wrong dog? Scared?" He addressed me. Pathetic. I stood there and stared at the eyesore. "Oooh, so cold. No wonder she hates you." He smirked. I'll kill him. I cracked my knuckles, ready to strike. Throwing a poison whip at him, I watched as he tried to block it with his sword. It wrapped around his wrist, making him grimace. "Yow! That packs a sting. But is that all you got?" He asked amusedly. I pulled the whip, and he soared towards me, eyes widening. I punched him square in the face as the whip retracted, and he fell to the ground.

"You talk too much." I said emotionlessly. He propped himself up with his sword.

"Who said I was done?" He retorted haughtily as the chains fell off his now pulsing sword. "Time to get real." He growled as his demeanor changed. As he swung his sword at me, a purple blade emitted from it, and I jumped to the side to avoid it. I dashed around behind him and blasted him with poison. He fell to a knee as he covered his nose to keep from breathing it in. The bat demon appeared behind him and sliced him with his katana. I sensed his anger rising as he pulsed with energy, and he gripped the hilt of the humongous sword with resolve.

"She's mine." He growled as he ran towards me, sword in front. I simply stood there, my adrenaline barely coursing. He jumped above me and was about to strike when something streaked across the sky and hit him in midair, sending them both plummeting down. It wasn't until I got her scent that I realized it was Star. Damn girl. . . Interfering with my fight.

STAR'S P.O.V:

Knowing it would take Sesshomaru forever to finish this fight, I intervened. I knew he didn't want me to, but he would have to deal. As soon as the sword demon and I hit the ground, he shot up and pulled a combo attack on me. I did three back-hand springs and a lay-out to escape his sword as it smashed into the ground. He looked to be already pissed, glaring at me. At this point, my arm had healed significantly. Being in this era had. . . done something to me.

"I'll show you where you belong. If I have to beat it into you, I will." He seethed in agitation.

"Don't touch her you damn demon!" Hitomu yelled as he sliced at the sword demon.

"My name's Kihirito." He stated coldly as he blocked with his sword. "And you, Star, are coming with me." He declared haughtily as he advanced toward me. "You're injured already, so this should be easier." He sneered. Gross. Sesshomaru pelted him with his claws as I grabbed my katana, and I ran it through his leg as he was trying to dodge Sesshomaru. "Hah, I can't be killed like this. I'm no ordinary demon!" He yelled with excitement.

Okay. . . Time for some thinking. . . Not ordinary demon. . . Can't be killed like this? What does he mean "like this?" Like with ordinary weapons? Or what? If not ordinary weapons then. . . What's something that's not ordinary but can kill? What's a sword demon's weakness? As I pondered what he meant, I backed up towards Hitomu.

"Hitomu," I addressed him. He looked surprised at first but gained composure.

"Yes, Star?" He asked.

"Can you get Kihirito's sword away from him? I have a plan." I stated nonchalantly.

"Anywhere in particular?" He scratched at his chin as his eyes darted around the area.

"Midair is preferable." I gesticulated to the sky with a nod of the head.

"Five minutes tops." He said confidently. I stood behind the two men and pretended that I couldn't fight because of my still-healing arm.

"Get out of the way." Kihirito stated coldly. "I'm going to claim my mate." He said. I swear I saw Sesshomaru smirk slightly, and shivers ran down my spine. I'll kill all three of these damn bachelors. . . Demons. . . What the hell. Hitomu had put his sword up and was fighting with his arms and legs, and Sesshomaru was. . . Well. . . Sesshomaru. I watched as they attacked him without pause, and he was becoming slower. Sesshomaru was still as calm as ever and wasn't tired at all, and Hitomu was strategically placing his kicks to get the sword airborne. Finally, at about four minutes after I gave the mission to Hitomu, I saw my chance. Hitomu had managed to kick the hilt of the sword, causing it to rocket up into the air about ninety degrees above Kihirito. I bolted straight for it, jumped parallel to it, and spin kicked it towards Kihirito. He wasn't expecting it as his face erupted in shock to being impaled by his own sword, and I mentally praised myself. Not ordinary. . . You have to have a weakness. . . If I'm right, it should be your strength. . . Your sword.

"Why?" He whispered as he fell to a knee. "I just - I just," He couldn't finish his sentence because he started coughing up blood. I walked over to him and pulled out the sword that was slowing down the dying process. Letting him bleed out would kill him faster. "How-how did," he spit up more blood, "did you-you kn-know?" He asked breathlessly. I ran my fingers through his hair and studied his pained face. Another victim. . . This time I can't say I was insane. . . Only crazy. He grimaced as he fell to the ground, and I made the decision to end his suffering. Raising my hand, ready to end it, he slowly grabbed it and brought it to his face, caressing his cheek with my hand. He seemed at peace as he took his last breath.

"Star, get away from him." Sesshomaru stated coldly. Shit. . . Dead demon=demonic aura. Demonic aura=the change. I was too wrapped up in the moment to realize the now swirling demonic aura. I frantically tried to distance myself from him, but my feet were stuck in thick mud from where his sword had shattered the ground. I felt my thoughts slipping into a whole other world of evils.

"Sesshomaru!" I yelled as I faded from sanity.