A Link From the Future to the Past

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Pinterest

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Anime: Inuyasha

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for the characters of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

"Star!" A familiar voice yelled. I felt delicate, but firm arms squeeze me into a tight hug as she pressed her cheek against my chest. I stood there, staring ahead as I tried to process what was going on. I saw Kagome's face light up as Rin hugged me, and I felt Sesshomaru walk up behind me.

"R-rin?!" I looked down at her appearance. "Wh-why are you wearing a kimono? How'd you get here?! What happened?!" I questioned her smiling face. She giggled.

"Why do you have black hair, blue eyes, and-" Her eyes grew wide and sparkled with fervor. "wings?!" She finished as she jumped around and surveyed them.

"L-long story. Anyway, answer my questions! What happened?!" I said with a blank expression.

"I missed you, and there were some things that came up at the academy. You're gonna be in big trouble." She giggled.

"A-are you ok? How'd you get here from L.A. t-t-to the p-past?!" I was so confused. She giggled again.

"I missed you and needed to catch you up on some things about the academy, so I got the house mother to get me a trip to Japan." She was talking really fast and jubilant with sparkling eyes. "I knew that you were pin pals with Higurashi, so I walked all day to find her shrine. My clothes were a little dirty, so they gave me this orange checkered kimono and blue over coat to wear while my real clothes are being washed. I was walking around, waiting on Kagome to get back from the store where her mom said she was, but I saw her come out of a well with this weird guy named Inuyasha and-"

"Hey! Weird?! I don't think so!" Inuyasha scowled, causing Rin to giggle. I was still processing what had happened to react to her.

"Oh my gosh, Star! I have to-" She began, but I cut her off with a hug.

"Rin, you're so stupid. Do you know how dangerous it is to do that alone! I know you're old enough, but I couldn't live with myself if something happened. I mean, flying on a plane full of strangers, walking through a foreign country barely knowing how to speak the language, and now you're here?! In a land of demons?!" I was freaked.

"Hehe," She giggled. I just looked at her. "Nothing happened silly. Nothing ever will because I'm here with you now." She smiled. I felt my heart melt. This girl is my world. She brings me peace.

I sat down in front of her and looked back at Sesshomaru. For the first time I saw his expression change. He looked shocked. His mouth was still a thin line, but his eyes were sparkling with curiosity. I mentally laughed. I looked over at my friend Kagome, and she looked confused as well. I guess I owe an explanation. I sighed.

"I guess y'all are wondering who this is?" I asked.

"Well, she looks like an older version of this era's Rin." Kagome said with interest.

"When she said she was looking for Star, we brought her here." Inuyasha said.

"Well, this is basically my younger sister. We're not related, but I've been with her ever since I started at the academy. She's been my dorm mate my whole life. I'll have to admit, when I first saw this era's Rin, it took me by surprise. She reminds me so much of what you were like when we were younger." I felt a nostalgic pain as I looked at Rin's face.