•Three•

The rain came down hard in thick sheets, but Desmond had to keep his pack moving, despite the harshness of the weather. He knew he had to though, he would do anything to keep his pack safe, to keep Harry safe, even if that meant making them move in this storm. They had been trudging non stop for hours to try and reach shelter and Desmond was sure night had already fallen, despite the darkness of the clouds.

His paws trotted forward, ahead of the pack to try and determine how far away they were from their shelter. He let out thankful sigh when he spotted the all to familiar cave. They had made it to shelter and could rest easily for the night. Desmond turned on his heel and ran back to the group that had grown to trust this man with his life. He changed back into his human form before he reached his pack and smiled at Seth.

"It's just through these trees, we are almost there." He said loudly over the pouring rain. Seth nodded and went to encourage the pack to keep moving, that they were close. Desmond smiled, all these people were more than just his pack, but his family and he would do anything for any of them. He led them the rest of the way to the large cave and smiled as they piled inside, cuddling close to one another to keep warm. This pack had always looked out for each other, keeping one another well and safe.

Desmond stood at the entrance of the cave, counting the heads of the ones that walked into the cave. He frowned when he came up short one person, but that couldn't be right. He was certain that he had only mis counted. He knew he should count again, but someone would have mentioned a missing member of the pack hours ago when they had left, or h hoped. Desmond shook the thoughts from his mind and made his way into the cave, finding a comfortable spot on the ground, he was absolutely exhausted and knew everyone needed their rest to continue their move in the morning. The alphas eyes slipped closed as he drifted quickly into a deep sleep, an unsettling feeling washing over him.

"Des, come on we are all ready to go." A voice woke Desmond and his eyes opened, meeting with a set of blue ones. Seth was crouched next to Desmond a small smile on his lips.

"I went ahead and got everyone ready to leave." He said proudly. Seth always tried to do more around the pack, he was Desmond's right hand and he wanted to make him proud.

"Did you see Harry?" Desmond asked standing up and stretching out his stiff joints. Seth thought for a second. Had he seen Harry when he was gathering everyone. Had he been with Niall and his group of friends. That was Niall's job, keep an eye on Harry. Seth tried to remember that familiar mess of curls and was almost sure that he had seen him.

"Yes, Niall is taking good care of him." Desmond narrowed his eyes and his brows knit together. The sudden look frightened Seth and he swallowed thickly, looking at his pack leader.

"He isn't going to try anything stupid with him is he?" Des asked lowly, he didn't want anything happening to his son and if any of these alphas ever laid a finger on him, there surely would be hell to pay.

"No Des, Niall knows not to mess with Harry, he is okay." Seth spoke quickly trying to reassure his friend, his son was a trustworthy alpha, maybe even trustworthy enough to lead the pack someday, well that's what Seth hoped for his son anyway. Desmond relaxed a little and nodded his head. He was a little thankful that someone else was looking after Harry. He knows that sounds mean towards his son, but Harry can be a handful and Desmond needs to keep an eye on everyone, not just Harry.

"Alright then, let's get going." He said with a sigh and led Seth out of the cave. He called for everyone to start moving and the pack obediently followed their head alpha.

Desmond kept quiet for the next couple hours. He was pleased with the speed his pack was moving at and hoped they would get to the valleys sooner then normal, since the snow would be here soon. He sighed and looked over his shoulders, some members of the pack talked and laughed, while others goofed off. He chuckled at the sight, he was happy everyone easily got along with one another. He stepped to the side allowing people to go ahead of him and follow the path. He wanted to find Harry. Due to Harry being smaller then the other omegas he got tired quicker and often Des would carry him on his back for a few hours.