•Four•

The alpha and the omega walked quietly for what seemed like hours. Harry couldn't help but wonder what his father was thinking. He was probably furious with him for running off. He would probably kick banish him from the pack when they reached the valleys, but it's no leased then he deserved. Harry should know better and should listen, but he never did. His father would have to make an example of him. That's why he had taken the pack and left without him, to set an example. The thought had Harry's head hanging low as silent tears streamed down his cheeks. His father didn't want him and would banish him in front of everyone once they had reached their destination.

Louis was a few steps ahead of Harry as he scanned the woods. They had been walking for hours but the two still had to go far enough into the woods that Desmond wouldn't find them. He had to keep the younger away long enough for him to change before he could take him home and take his place as new alpha of Desmond's pack. Louis looked over his shoulder when he heard Harry's footsteps slow down. His brows furrowed when he noticed the tears dripping from the young omegas cheeks. Something tugged deep inside Louis that he didn't understand, something that made him want to scoop the poor boy up and cradle him in his arms.

"Hey little one, what's wrong?" Louis asked softly as he stepped closer to Harry. The omega looked away and quickly began wiping at his eyes. He couldn't let Louis see him cry, he couldn't look weak in front of this alfa.

"N-nothing is wrong." He said quietly, still not making eye contact with Louis. Harry just wanted someone, anyone to accept him for who he was but in being himself he had been abandoned by his only family. That thought caused a choked sob to escape the boys lips.

"Hey, hey don't cry." Louis whispered and closed the space between them, wrapping his arms around Harry and pulling him close. He didn't know why he felt the need to comfort the boy, he should just drag him along and tell him to stay quiet but he couldn't help himself.

Harry buried his face into Louis' strong chest, wrapping his arms around him and as he sobbed. He couldn't help it despite not wanting to seem weak in front of such a beautiful alpha. Louis gently rubbed up and down Harry's back, trying to comfort the small boy. He crouched down and took his small face in his hands.

"Are you hurt sweetheart?" Louis asked and gently wiped away Harry's tears with the pads of his thumb.

"M-my dad abandoned m-me. H-he doesn't want me anymore." Harry sobbed, more tears pouring down his cheeks.

"No, why would he do that?" Louis asked with furrowed brows. He had watched the pack long enough, he knew Desmond would never just abandon Harry, he loved the boy far to much.

"B-but he was gone! He left me!" The omega wailed, turning away from Louis to cover his face. He was an absolute wreck. Louis remained crouched down. The pack had been gone, but Desmond couldn't have really left Harry, could he? No. Absolutely not. Louis couldn't believe such a thing, it would ruin everything. He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around Harry's small frame and nosed at his neck.

"I in no way believe that your father would Abandon you Harry, but even if he decided he didn't want you anymore, I want you." Louis spoke softly, the words falling from his lips before he could even process what he was saying, but it didn't matter. They would mate, he had to swoon the boy. Harry slowly turned to face Louis, looking up at him.

"Do you really mean it?" The omega whispered. Harry's heart was pounding hard in his chest. Louis wanted him, Louis really wanted him. An amazing, beautiful alpha actually wanted him. He watched as a small smile fell on the mans lips and his head nod.

"I mean it Harry." He said softly, letting his hands find the boys smaller ones and lacing their fingers together. That did it for Harry. He knew it was dumb to fall so fast for someone he had just met but he didn't care. He believed in soulmates and love at first sight. The happiness that radiated through the omega had him acting without thinking. His arms wrapped around Louis' neck as he pressed his lips to the alphas. The kiss only sealed the deal of his heart as fireworks exploded deep inside of him.

Louis' eyes went wide when he felt a pair of lips press against his own. He he never been willingly kissed before. He had taken plenty of omegas and used them for sex but no one had ever kissed him. The feeling was unfamiliar but warn and sweet. His own lips slowly began moving against Harry's as his arms wrapped around his small body. He could tell the younger was sloppy and inexperienced but he didn't care, something about this kiss had his body feeling like it was on fire. After a few moments Louis slowly pulled away and looked down at Harry, blue eyes meeting green.

"You are safe and very much wanted with me." He whispered and Louis meant it, he knew he meant it even if he didn't want to. Harry smiled up at Louis and nodded his head.

"Thank you." The boy whispered. He knew nothing would replace the loss of his father if he had truly been abandoned but knowing that he was wanted by Louis did something to fill that hole in an absolute perfect way.

"We need to be moving, we have a lot of ground to cover." Louis said softly and gave Harry's hand a gentle squeeze, silently accepting his thanks. He raised a brow as he watched a blush form on the omegas cheeks.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm small and I.. tire easily. My father usually carries me." Harry said quietly as he shyly looked away from Louis, embarrassed that he couldn't walk as far and as quickly as Louis needed him to. Harry made a quiet squeak when he felt Louis' fingers lifting his chin and his lips press against his own.

"Not a problem sweetheart." Louis smiled. He didn't mind carrying Harry, in fact it kind of made him feel needed in a way. Louis had never been needed by anyone before in his life. He changed into his wolf form and laid on his belly next to small boy. Harry climbed onto Louis' back and cuddled close to Louis' thick black fur.

"You are so warm." The small boy whispered as Louis stood up and took off into the woods, taking Harry away from the place he once called home.

Desmond's head was spinning and his heart pounding at what seemed to be a hindered miles a second. Harry was gone, he had left his son in the woods alone. Harry was the only thing he had left of his wife, his mate. Harry was his child, his small pup that needed protecting. He was fragile, gullible absolutely anything could happen.

"You vile piece of meat! What have you done?!" Desmond screamed into Niall's face, his grip tightening on the boys shoulders.

"De-Desmond believe me I-It was an accident." Niall stammered, trying to push himself back into the trunk of the tree to try and put some distance between him and the head alpha. Niall's body trembled violently, he knew, everyone knew how Desmond felt about Harry and how anyone who hurt him was going to be severely punished.

"Des-"

"You." Desmond growled interrupting whatever Seth had to say.

"You told me he was fine!" Desmond's eyes burned with tears, hot angry tears.

"Desmond, I'm so sorry," Seth whispered. He couldn't believe Niall had been so irresponsible and it killed him to see his best friend this way. He had assured him Harry would be safe in Niall's care.

"I trusted you, you told me he'd be safe and now he is gone. He is out there in the woods alone, my son. Imagine what he is thinking Seth. Imagine what could happen to him." Desmond let go of Niall to turn toward Seth, stepping closer to him, teeth bared and fists clenched. Seth submissively backed down, cowering away from the alpha.

"Please Desmond, tell me what we can do to make this right. Please you know I would never intentionally hurt Harry and neither would Niall. He is like our family." Seth pleaded desperately, his own tears pooling in his eyes. Desmond let out hard heavy breaths as he glared down at his used to be friend.

"I can't go find him, I have to lead the pack safely to the valley, you and your untrustworthy child will go and look for Harry and you will not return without my son." He said shakily, his heart physically aching. He would get the pack to the valley as fast as he could and then go and search for his son.

"Now get out of my sight." Desmond spat and walked away, tears pouring down his cheeks as he continued to lead his pack.