Chp. 19- Stranger Behavior

*Ava*

I sat down at the table, eating my delicious bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats. My dad called me from the living room, telling me I had to hurry. I shoved a huge spoonful of cereal in my mouth before rushing out the kitchen.

"Ava!" Rebecca called out after me. "Come by the studio after school, Lilian needs your help with a class! I already told your father too."

"Ugh. Fine." I rolled my eyes before heading out the door. Logan was already leaning on our car, waiting for us to come outside. His eyes flickered to me and I saw something in his eyes I couldn't quite figure out.. anger? He turned away from me and got inside the backseat. What was wrong with him? I stood there in confusion but shook my head and climbed into the passengers seat.

On the way to school, I kept looking into the rearview mirror, looking at Logan behind me. He looked out the window, seeming to be lost in thought. His eyebrows were slightly furrowed and his jaw was clenched. I would of thought he looked adorable when he was mad if it he wasn't avoiding me.

"So, Logan. When is your first football game?" My dad said snapping my attention to him.

"This Friday." He replied to my dad.

"I didn't know Logan played football." I thought out loud.

Logan didn't reply to my comment, instead he continued his gaze out the window. I shifted in my seat awkward and uncomfortable. Just because he was mad, didn't mean he could act like this. My dad cleared his throat and narrowed his eyes on the road. He obviously could tell the tension between the us. I rolled my eyes at Logan's hostile attitude towards me.

As soon as my dad pulled up to the side of the school, Logan jumped out the car and walked at lightning speed. Both dad and I shared a confusing look before I got out the car. I stormed inside, ignoring everyone's stares. I needed to find out what was up with Logan and was he was suddenly being so rude. Blonde hair flashed out the corner of my eye. I whipped around, ready to pounce of Logan, but the sight in front of me nearly knocked the breath out of my lungs.

Kylie hands were wrapped around Logan's neck, pulling him into a kiss. It took a while for him to respond, I could see him hesitating but slowly letting her engulf him into her kiss. Then I felt it. My mouth instantly went dry, and my eyes begin to sting. A familiar ache in my chest nearly caused me to collaspe. Suddenly Logan eyes fluttered open as they noticed me and harshly pulled away. I furiously tried to blink away the moisture in my eyes. Logan gave me a look of confusion and embarassment as his cheeks grew red. Kylie gave me a sly smile, then masked it with innocence. She knew I was there the entire time. That fucking bitch. Logan closed his eyes taking a deep breath before opening them again, a stern look spreading to his face and he looked down at the ground.

"Can I help you with something?" Kylie asked in a sarcastic tone. The dryness in my throat kept me from making any sound. It took me a couple of coughs before responding, "I'm sorry.. I-I didn't-"

"What's wrong hun? Cat's got your tongue? Because I know exactly where mine was." She grinned glancing to Logan whose eyes were still glued to the ground.

"Kylie." Logan warned.

"Okay, okay. I'll play nice." She said taking Logan's hand in hers. He finally looked to me, with more sympathy in his eyes but still maintaining the hardness.

"Did you need to tell me something, Ava?" His voice was calmer than his expression.

"Uh-I uh.." I stuttered. I was still too shocked from what I saw, and by my reaction to it. Why should it matter that I caught them kissing? It doesn't mean anything to me. It doesn't. It couldn't.