Chp. 12- Wrong Parenting

Ava's POV.

"Okay, now follow me Ava. You need to get this peice right." Lilian played a complicated song that I've been trying to ace for weeks. She taught me her favorites in her spare time. Rebecca and my dad went to their dance lessons and dinner reservations they have signed up for date night, so they wouldn't be home till late.

I carefully tried to mimic the tunes on the piano keys. I was a few notes off, but for the most part, I got it right.

"Keep practicing Ava baby. You'll get it." She sympathized.

I nodded as she got up from the piano bench. My phone buzzed from my back pocket. A small smile formed on my lips when I saw Logan's name appear.

L: Hey, can we hangout? Lunch maybe?

A: Sure can you pick me up?

L: What time?

A: Give me 20 minutes.

L: Okay see you later (:

"Ahh, loverboy texted you?" Lilian cooed as she handed me a watter bottle.

I scoffed a reply. "He's just a friend."

"Everybody starts out as just friends."

"Well nothing is going to start. I need to focus on myself, not my love life. Or whatever is left of it." I mumbled.

Lilian picked my chin up, making me look at her. "Hey.. I know you're still upset about Taylor. But trust me, you eventually move on. It just takes a little time and new people to get over it. You'll be fine."

"But what if I don't want to move on.. what if I don't want anybody else but him."

"Like you said Ava, you need to focus on yourself. He's in a new city, new people, new life. He's going to move on too. I know it's hard to let go, but it's harder to hold on. You need to release all of it. So you can finally see the bright future ahead of you." She smiled.

I sat a little timid and sensitive about the topic. I couldn't think about anything like this right now. Especially Taylor. I know it seems like a teenage cliche love. But I know what happened between Taylor and I wasn't just another fling. It couldn't be.

"Well. I'm going to meet with a friend. Same time next Saturday?" I asked grabbing my bag. The air around me was starting to thicken. Of course I appreciate Lilian's advice, but I felt like I was going to suffocate any moment.

"Sure Ava baby." We both walked out of the studio. We said our goodbyes when Logan pulled up. She winked at me and mouthed 'have fun' just before I hopped in the passengers seat.

"Hey." Logan smiled. "Hungry?"

"Starving."

"Great. Chinese food?"

"Sounds delicious." I could literally feel my mouth water just thinking about it.

We pulled up to a small chinese shop downtown. As soon as our order was ready, we sat outside at the tables.

"So, Logan. Where are you from?" I asked trying to make conversation.

"Los Angeles. And you?"

"Just some small town that people drive through by never stop."

"Sounds.. small." He chuckled. "What made you move here?"

I stopped mid-chew at the question. I didn't tell most people about my mom. Then again, I didn't tell most people anything about me.

"Uh.. my mom passed away." I said a little hesitately. The last thing I needed was someone's pity.

"Oh. I'm sorry.."

"It's fine." I pushed away the uncomfortable silence.

We talked more about his family and his life in L.A. He had the free, reckless life I wish I could have. The life with no worries or issues. After our meal, we walked around till the sky started to darken.

"What do you want to do after high school?" I asked.

"I'm staying here. Go to law school. Become a lawyer. You know, the usual parents dream for their kid."

"Is it what you want?"

"No. But it's what my parents want."

"So what do you want to be?"

"A writer. Like being a journalist working on articles for newspapers, or lead a column in a magazine, or publish a book. Anything really."

"So why don't you do that?"

"They already saved a shitload of money in the bank for law school ever since I was born. My life has always been planned for me." He replied.

"Don't you want to take control over your own life?"

"I never knew you were this outspoken." He chuckled.

"Don't change the subject."

He gave a small shrug. "Of course I want to. But seeing them disappointed in me after everything they have done and given me. I can't repay them for any of it."

"But you can't go on feeling like a huge burden to them! You have to tell them what you desire most. I'm sure they'll understand. All a parent could want is for their kids to be happy."

"Not in some cases."

"But-"

"Ava." He interrupted. "Don't get so overworked about this. If it makes you feel any better, I'll tell them when the time is right."

"I'm sorry." I sighed. "I really don't know what came over me."

"It's okay. I like to see you talk about something you're so passionate about." He chuckled. "So what are your plans for the future?"

I scoffed. "Getting out of here. Do something that involves what I love."

"And what's that?"

"Music. I just didn't know it till now."

"Well, let's go get you dropped off Mozart. If I walk anymore, my legs might actually fall off." He smiled.

..

We pulled up to the driveway of my house. I didn't see my dad's car so I assumed they were still on their date night. Logan and I sat in the car in silence.

"I had a great time." We both said at the same time causing us to laugh.

"Well.. goodnight." I murmured.

"Goodnight."

I got out of the car but just as I was about to close the door, I stopped.

"Would you want to come in? My parents are probably gonna stay out late and it gets kind of lonely."

"Sure." He smiled.

We grabbed a couple of snacks and popcorn before joining on the couch to watch a movie. Since I have always been a sucker for sappy movies, I played The Notebook. I was leaning against Logan's shoulder while my body was craddled. His arm swung over me. I didn't stop him when his hand combed through my hair. And in no time, I fell asleep.

____________________________________

You guys! Omg, its been a week since the last time I updated! I'm so sorry but my wifi went out and I've been absolutely freaking out! I promise I'll work my butt off to update for as much as I can to catch up! Love you guys. -xoxo