Chp. 22 P.1- The Big Night

*Taylor*

"I'm nervous." I admitted.

"I know." She replied. "I am too."

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

She nodded in response. "They're being oddly nice.. too nice. They never dared to get ahold of me till now. I have to know what's going on."

"Okay. But say when and we'll leave immediately."

"Thank you Taylor." She gave a small smile. "For doing this. For staying by my side. I don't think I could of done this on my own."

I grabbed her wrist gently and pulled her into my arms. "You don't have to. I'll always be here for you."

She buried the side of her face into my chest. "Don't make promises you can't keep." She whispered.

Before I could respond, she pulled away and walked to the counter to grab her keys. "C'mon. Let's just get this over with."

..

We arrived at a mansion in a very luxurious gated neighborhood. The green grass was cut, clean, and a fountain stood nicely in the middle of it. I looked at the huge house and stared in awe. "Woah. This is where you grew up?"

She nodded. "My life wasn't as perfect as it seemed to be."

She took a hold of my hand and interwined our fingers together. I looked down at our connected hands then back to her and smiled. "Let's do this." I said as confidently as I could.

We walked up to two huge glass doors and quietly stood there as the doorbell rang. One of the doors opened to reveal Sarah's confused, shocked, suprised mom. Her mouth was slightly opened as she stared at Sarah and I with wide eyes. "Y-You came?" She stammered.

"Yeah." Sarah started hesitately. "Shauna told me you were having dinner and you invited me to come. I hope you don't mind that I accepted your invitation, I hope it's not a-"

"No!" She screeched, making the both of us jump. "Please! Come inside!" She grabbed both of our arms and nearly dragged us inside. "I'm so glad you came! Let me go get Harold."

Just as she ran out of the room, I looked around, taking in my surroundings. All the walls were white, including the couches. The chandelier in the living room was incredible, lighting up the entire room. I could never live in a place like this. I don't think I could ever get used to it.

Mrs. Hart ran back into the living room, her heels clicking on the dark wood below us. "Come on. Dinner is almost ready."

We followed her into the dining room, which was more grand than the living room. We sat down at the huge table while Sarah's mom skipped her way back into the kitchen to get the food.

"Hello, my little sugar plum." A deep familiar voice called out, coming from a dark hallway next to the kitchen. It was Mr. Hart. He was wearing a normal vest and tie, but with no pattern. "I didn't think you'd avtually show."

"Neither did I." She half heartly smiled.

"And you brought your friend." He said glancing to me, making me shift in my seat. I glared at him back, waiting for him to stop staring at me, but he didn't budge. "Unfriendly now, are we?" He smirked.

Sarah grabbed my hand from under the hand table and squeezed it. "Taylor isn't the easiest to be around." Sarah reassured. "But he's definetly there when I need him."

"You two are absolutely adorable." Mrs. Hart called out as she walked into the kitchen with a pot of pasta. Sarah quickly dropped my hand at her mother's words.