Chp. 24- Spoken Heart

So I just want to give a shout out to Marissa Salazar for being such a great follower since book one. Love you kid. -Sincerely Sammie.
__________________________________

*Ava*

"Where's Logan been hiding?" Rebecca asked as we walked through a store.

"Beats me." I muttered.

"Don't think I haven't noticed he hasn't been around anymore."

"It's only been two weeks or so, it hasn't been that long." I remarked.

My phone buzzed again from my back pocket. I didn't bother to answer because I already knew who it was.

"It's not right what you're doing."

I looked at her in confusion.

"You're not giving the guy a fair chance. You've already made this idea in your head that all guys are the same." She continued.

I looked down at the clothing rack to avoid her eye contact. I knew she was right. Ever since Logan kissed me, I've shut him out as long as I could. I ignored him at school and outside of school. But no matter where I go, he will always he there. I can't say it's not annoying, but fuck. Could he not get a clue? Of course I know what I'm doing is childish, but I don't care. If it means protecting myself from getting hurt, so be it.

"Rebecca, I'd rather not talk about this." I groaned.

"Fine." She shrugged. "All I'm saying is that you can't play the game if you're afraid of getting a few scratches and bruises."

"Any more life lessons for today?" I chuckled.

"Just one more." Her face turned more serious. "Give the guy a chance. You'll never know if it's real if you don't try to commit."

I nodded. She's absolutely right and a normal girl would jump at the chance to be with Logan. But no one knows what it's like to experience such loss and disappointment, that you start expect that from everybody.

I forced a smile. "I'll think about it."

We walked through a couple of more stores before finally deciding to do some pampering. Rebecca cut her long auburn hair to shoulder length and I just decided to lighten my hair and get my eyebrows done. Eyebrows were never something I had to worry about before. But the stinging of a thread on my skin made me squeal.

After a hard working day of girl time, we drove back to the house. My eyes squinted at a shadow sitting on our front porch. My stomach sank as blonde hair glowed.

"Oh no." I muttered. "Fuck fuck fuck."

Amusment rose to Rebecca's face as she saw Logan in the front of the house. "This is a sign you know."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course it is." I sarcastically remarked. I'm really not in the mood to talk to Logan. But what other choice do I have.

We got out the car and Logan stood up as we walked to the front door.

"Hello Logan." Rebecca smiled.

"Hello."

"Would you like to stay for dinner?"

I shot her a glare but she ignored me.

He looked at me silently asking for approval.

"He would love to." I answered for him. His face slightly brightened. Rebecca smiled at the two of us before heading inisde. As soon as the screen door closed, Logan's face turned panicked and even scared.

"Ava." He said. "I'm really sorry about that one night. I wasn't thinking, I didn't mean to rush-"

"Logan." I interrupted. He looked at me as I silently stared at the ground. "I'm sorry." I sighed.

His frantic state washed away, replacing with confusion.

"Can we talk about this after dinner? I'm starving." I said walking past him, his feet right on my tail.

..

"Thanks for dinner Rebecca." Logan said as me and him walked in the back yard.

"You're welcome." She called out.

I shut the back door behind us. "Come on." I said gesturing him to follow me. I walked to the side of the house and grabbed the ladder that was standing next to the garage door. I placed it to the lowest point the roof went and started to climb.

Logan hesitated but started to climb. We both took a seat on the roof tile. I came up here when I needed to take my mind off of the world. It also comforted me knowing that I was under the same sky as Taylor.

"Your family is nice." He said.

"Not really much of a family." I shrugged. "My dad is very happy with Rebecca though." I turned my gaze to him. "You're lucky. You have the perfect family."

The small smile left his face. "They're not my family."

I looked at him confused. "What do you mean?"

"I'm adopted." 

My eyes shot up slightly. "Oh. I didn't know that."

"No one does." He shrugged. "Never told anybody. I was embarassed for people to think my parents didn't want me."

"I don't think that."

"I know you don't." He replied, "But still. The idea still creeps in my head. I wouldn't want anybody to look at me differently, especially you."

"Logan.." I started, "I need to ask you, because I feel like a tornado is running through my head, dissolving everything that ever made sense."

"Go on."

"What do you see in me? What makes me special? Why am I so different?"

He looked at me as if he's been keeping in all of his most valuable treasures, and they were finally being brought to light. "I don't think you really see yourself the way I see you." He simply said.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't think you give yourself the love that you give other people. You're so filled with self doubt, it's destroying your outlook on others. Loving someone else may be the best feeling in the world. But loving yourself makes you completely indestructable."

"I don't see where this is headed.."

"I can't give you the love to help fix you. I won't." He stated. "That's not how you repair your broken pieces. But if you let me, I'll love you with every part of my being until you fix yourself."

Something in my mind seemed to clear, and ease was suddenly brought to me. I leaned into him, lightly pressing my lips onto his. He almost instantly responded. I pulled away, leaving my forhead on his. "If I give in to this, please don't make me regret it." I requested.

"I won't."

_____________________________________

ITS OFFICIAL. Logan and Ava are an item. The Lava fans must be so happy right now!

Please Tava fans, let the Lavas have their spotlight. Do not get upset, Tava's coming back. But I shall not speak no longer.

Thank you guys for staying with me and this trilogy, it means so much for you guys to read. Please don't know be shy to leave comments and opinions. I love hearing from you guys.

- Sincerely Sammie.