Chp. 7- First Day Friends

*Ava*

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock going off on my nightstand. With sleepy eyes, I turned it off and slowly sit myself up. I look around the room rubbing my eyes vigoriously. Today was the day. First day of school. I replayed the memory of my first day of school last year. I really have changed since then.

I removed my warm comfy blankets from my body, inside feeling a chill run through me. I hate getting up in the morning. Dragging myself to the bathroom, I splashed cold water on my face and brushed my teeth. Its never really a problem for me to get ready in the morning. Believe it or not, I only take half hour or so to get ready. I decided to wear my black ripped skinny jeans, black boots, and a regular loose white blouse that cuff at the sleeves. I let my hair fall in its natural wavy state. Makeup really didn't suit me, so I applied mascara to make my eyelashes look longer and fuller, then a quick coat of chapstick. After looking at my appearance, my phone buzzed from my bed. It was Logan.

L: Hey, I'm outside.

A: Okay, be right there.

I walked to the living room to open te front door for Logan. He was wearing jeans, vans, and a black crewneck. For his first day of school, he dressed so casually. But it worked for him.

"Goodmorning." He beamed.

"Would you like so breakfest?" I asked walking to the kitchen.

"No, I already ate before I came here."

Grabbing two granola bars from the counter, I went to my dad's room to tell him we were ready.

He drove us right in front of the school office so Logan could get his schedule. After showing him around, and where to go for his classes, I noticed girls around us started to stare. Of course every girl here would drool over Logan. He came off as the typical high school jock. I turned around from their glares and spotted familiar bleach blonde hair. I instantly ran to her almost jumping in her arms.

"Okay, okay. I wasn't gone that long." Mitch smiled. Her eyes fell from me to Logan behind me. "Well hello there stranger."

"Oh Mitch, this is Logan. Logan, Mitch." I said introducing them.

"I'll see you later, Ava?" Logan said walking away to his class. "Yeah." A small smile tugging at my cheeks.

Mitch gives me weird look as he walks away. "What?" I shrug.

"Omg Ava, who is that!" she whisper/shouts.

I explain to her that he's my new neighbor and his family came over for dinner. She didn't mention or bring up Taylor which I'm glad. I really don't want to ruin my first day by thinking about him.

The school day goes by pretty fast and before I know it, I'm sitting down at our usual table for lunch with Mitch. Her eyes stare into her phone which is what she usually does. Her phone buzzes and her eyes blink away from it after what seems like forever. "Dylan texted me, he said his new schools doesn't compare to West High." She snorts. Dylan moved away over the summer to New York with his uncle. His dreams of being a musician couldn't be anymore hopeful in the Big Apple.

The sight of Logan caught my eye as he was walking in the cafteria. Just as I was about to call his name to invite him to sit with us, a couple of boys wrestled their way to him playfully knocking around him like bowling pins. Wow, the first day of school and he's already seeming to fit in. My heart sunk a little as I saw a girl wiggle herself in the crowd of boys and lean her body over Logan's shoulder.

Oh great. Kylie.

The way she giggled over every word he said made me roll my eyes in disgust. I really hope Logan doesn't fall for that dumb innocent act. All she wants is someone to own and pay attention to her. She's done that to almost half of the school. Including my Taylor.

I could feel a sting as the thought escaped my mind. My Taylor. I can't keep referring to him like that as if.. as if we were still together. He wasn't mine. Not anymore.

"Ava?" Logan's voice snapped me out of my daze. He was hovering over me, slightly amused that I've been staring at him the entire time. "I was wondering if I was still going to get a ride with you after school."

"Oh, uh yeah. Of course." I nervously smiled.

He smiled, retreated back to his friends, laughing along beside them as if they all known each for the longest. I could feel Mitch's humourous eyes stare right through me. "What?" I asked turning back to her.

I could see her hold back a smile. "Rides, huh? What's next, your hand in marriage?" She mocked.

"Oh whatever." My cheeks slightly started to burn.

I got through the rest of the day with ease. I headed out to the school's parking lot, walking past crowds to get to my dad's car. I spotted Logan and his friends leaning against a car with girl flaunting themselves over the manican resemblent boys. Kylie especially made sure her bum slightly brushed past Logan's leg as red spread to his cheeks. His eyes darted to me as I walked past, shifting away from Kylie. "Hey." He said trying to catch up to me.

"Hey." My voice sounding smaller than I meant for it to be. We climbed inside the car, instantly hit with 20 questions from my dad.

Logan leaned into my ear as my dad rambled on. "So are you going to Isaac's party?"

"Who?" I asked keeping my eyes to my feet.

"Isaac. He's having a party this weekend."

"Uh.. I wasn't invited." I muttered, embarassment hinting in my voice.

"Oh.." He leaned back into his seat. I already know this was going to happen eventually. Logan was athletic, charming, good looking. I knew almost instantly he would be sucked in by the preps.

We got off the car at my house. Logan looked to me before crossing the street. "You should come. It doesn't really look like you get out much. It could be fun."

"Maybe." I called out before I stepped inside my house.

_______________________________________

*Taylor*

My dad offered to take me to school in the morning. Normally, I would decline but since I had no idea where the fuck it was, I had no choice. He pulled up to the front of the school wishing me good luck on the first day of school. I ignored him as I tried to find my way to the office. I picked up my schedule and scanned the classrooms to find my first class. Something big and hard bumped into me, causing me to almost lose balance.

"Hey watch out smurf!" The big guy in front of me roared. I looked up at his caveman face, not stopping myself from grinning. "Excuse me boulder like person, I didn't see you. Surprisingly."

"Watch your mouth before I stomp you." He threatened. His giant meant hands shoved my shoulders into a locker. My smirk never removed from my face. I've dealt with worst guys than this.

"Hey dipshit! Leave the guy alone, he's not your punching bag." A familiar voice called out. I know who that is. I turned my head and saw her. The girl from the resturaunt. She goes to school here?

The big lob just grunted, giving me one last glare before dragging himself down the hall. "Thanks, but I didn't need your help."

"Maybe. But I didn't want to see your smart mouth get a cut on it the first day of school." She shrugged. She walked beside me showing me to my class. "I didn't know you came here."

"I didn't know you did either. I didn't think I would see you again after you basically ran away from me the last time." I chuckled. There are a lot of questions I wanted to ask her, but I decided to keep my mouth shut, not wanting to make her uncomfortable again.

We stop outside my classroom door. I looked at her not quiet sure what I should say. "Uh, I'll see you later." I said hesitately.

She smiled at me before walking back down the empty hallway. I look at my classroom door just for a brief moment. Then my head snapped as realization hit me.

I don't even know her name. Before I could turn my head down the hall, she was already out of sight.