Chapter 15: Mean And Nice

Zenobia's POV

"How was it with your mom?" I asked Kyle. It was late evening and we were sitting together on the sofa watching anime.

"Felt like hell."

"Why. What happened?"

"Zen, she was trash talking you and your family and I couldn't sit there and let her pass judgement on you and The Hollens like that."

She was trashing me when I was the one pushing her son towards her so she can rekindle their bond as mother and child. And to make matters worse, she just had to speak on the rest of my family.

"I respect you for standing up for me in my absence. That speaks volume but maybe your mother just has the wrong impression on me and my family. Maybe she heard a rumor that rubbed her the wrong way or something."

"Then she'll have to be foolish to believe everything she hears without even getting to know you first."

"Tell you what, why don't I meet up with your mom. Just us girls. I'm sure we can come to an understanding really soon."

"She got one more chance, Zen. Just one."

~
I got in contact with Kyle's mother and she insisted she wanted to visit me at my home than the fancy dinings at several restaurants offers.

On my half day on Friday, Kyle's mom, Jessie visited me. I had Kyle picked her up and we sat down in my livingroom for a talk without Kyle.

"Jessie, Kyle explained to me what happened and I strongly believe you have the wrong impression on me and my family."

"Why you do think it's your place to try to get me and my son together. I know my son. He would come around even without you in the picture."

"That may be so but I think it's my place because Kyle is my man."

Jessie laughed cynically like a witch on her broom.

"Little girl, while you're rich and living in your luxury mansion with your luxury life, take a good look at Kyle. He's your bodyguard, not your equal. Your relationship with him wouldn't last."

"And who made you God to already see the failure of our relationship?"

"I don't have to be God to see it. You'll see how fast you two will sink and I know that you will."

"I see there's no reasoning with you. I think we're done here."

"May I use your restroom please?"

"Sure. There's one straight down the hall. Last door on the left."

She got up and left and I went to find Kyle so he can get car around for one of the other guards to take her home. I didn't want her injecting more venom into Kyle. His mother was up to no good and I was determined to prove her wrong when it came to her son.

Several minutes later, I went back into my home and found Jessie descending my staircase which led to my master bedroom.

"What were you doing up there. The restroom isn't upstairs?" I asked her.

"Taking a tour of the home you intend to share with my son. Is that so bad?" Her eyes carried mischief.

"The car is waiting. One of my security guards will take you home."

"I want Kyle to take me home."

"Kyle isn't going to take you home," I firmly told her.

"Very well," she said reaching me, "It was lovely being here. Do enjoy the rest of your luxury night."

I scoffed as I watched her walked out the front entrance. I couldn't believe this woman. I was being nice and she was mean in return.

Later, I pulled up the security cameras footage on the interior of my home. I saw when she waited until I went to find Kyle before climbing the stairs. I watched her looking around for cameras but they weren't obvious to the eyes. She foolishly believed there weren't any and she stole one of my diamond necklaces which was worth one hundred thousand dollars.

She pocketed it and descended the stairs. I watched as I caught her on the stairs.

I had to show this to Kyle and I knew he would be furious at her for being a thief. I wanted my necklace back. It was a gift from my grandmother and I wasn't about to let Jessie have it.

__________

Kyle's POV

Zenobia showed me a footage of my mother stealing from Zenobia's bedroom. I immediately went to get the car and drove to my Aunt Jackie's house where I knew my mother would be.

I pushed in the door and badged inside. I saw her at the bar having a drink.

"Where is it?" I asked her.

"Where's what?"

"The necklace that you stole!"

"What necklace? I don't have any necklace!"

"Don't test my patience. Zenobia was nice enough to not press charges against you for stealing. Hand over the necklace right now before I take it from your pocket."

"What's with all the shouting?" Aunt Jackie asked, entering the room.

"Jessie stole Zenobia's necklace!"

"I DIDN'T STEAL ANYTHING!"

"THE CAMERA SAW YOU!" I held up my phone screen and the footage was clear as day to her eyes.

"Jessie! Shame on you! How can you do that? That girl was nice enough to invite you to her home and you stole from her?" Aunt Jackie spat at her sister.

Shamefully, she reached into her pocket and withdrew the necklace and handed it to me.

"I don't ever want to see you again. You make me sick. You bashed my girlfriend to my face. She tried to reason with you because she assumed you have the wrong impression of her. But that's just the type of person you are Jessie and you're not going to change. Stay away from me and my girlfriend."

I turned towards my aunt and hugged her. "Good night Aunt Jackie."

"Good night, Kyle."

I turned on my heel and walked out and I was walking out of my mother's life. Any chance of reconcile, reconsideration and rekindle were gone.

~

Zenobia got back her necklace and we were working towards strengthening our relationship together as a couple.
Sometimes, we would even double date with Tiffany and her man.

Things were going pretty good until Mr. EJ Hollen found out and summoned me to his home.

__________

A/N

EJ is about to pop off.

Sorry for the delay in updates Belle Gang. Wasn't in the best of health.

Happy New Year and I hope All is great 😘