Chapter 50: Unfinished Business

Zenobia's POV

I found Tiffany having a conversation and cut right into it.

"I need you right now," I told her and pulled her into another empty office, away from Jordan.

"Tiff, what the hell is wrong with me?" I asked her as I started pacing.

"What's wrong with you?" she asked.

"Why do I fall for a guy so quickly?" I asked her again, "Especially if he's handsome! God! They always have to be handsome!"I exclaimed.

I reached for her glass of champagne and drank the entire thing.

"I'm so hot. Is the air on in here?" I asked, "I'm sweating like a hot bread in a plastic bag."

"Zen, what the hell is going on with you, I left you perfectly fine and popping off on your bodyguard's girlfriend a few minutes ago. What the hell?" Tiff said.. "Wait, hold up. Does this have anything to do with him right now?"

I nodded yes.

"Zen!" she scolded.

"I know! I know."

"No. I don't think that you do, sweetie. You need to calm down, breathe and let this sink in."

I stopped my pacing, deep breaths in and out and calmed myself.

"Okay, now. I'll ask you this. Are you really falling for your bodyguard?"

I shook my head no.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. That's not what that was. I'm not falling for him. I'm just feeling sorry for him. I saw the way his girlfriend treated him and talked to him, and I remembered what happened between Jake and I and his assistant. And then the shit with Kyle. It's like I saw myself in him and got caught there for a moment," I explained and sat on the desk.

Tiffany exhaled with great relief.

"I can understand that. You don't want to be a rebound to your new bodyguard. Trust me. That's not going to end well. It appeared he loved her dearly."

"He cried, Tiff. She broke his heart."

"And you want to fix it?" she asked, crossing her arms like I usually do when I was serious about something.

"It's not mine to fix."

"And she's pregnant. With his baby. She told me when I was escorting her out. That's the last thing you need right now, is baby-momma drama."

I recalled when Jordan asked for a day-off to attend an appointment. Must have been a doctor's appointment.

"I learned my lesson," I told her.

"Good. Because low-key, I'm still rooting for Kyle."

"Tiff! Oh, come on!"

"What? Zen, you two were a cute couple."

"Yeah, well looks doesn't save shit when it's sinking. He left. And when I tried to make amends with him, he shut me down like I was nothing and no-one."

"Zen, maybe..."

"No, Tiff. I may have lost my job and my mind a moment ago but I'll never lose my pride. I'm not going to beg someone to be in my life if they don't want to be. Kyle can kiss my ass."

"Pretty sure that occurred before," she joked. We shared a light laughter, exactly what I needed.

"Are you sure about what you said?" she asked seriously again.