Chapter 52: Gathering In The Flames

Zenobia's POV

I yanked Jordan through the entrance of the building and into my office. Slamming the door behind me, my eyes blazed at me.

"JORDAN! WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. HELL!" I shouted every word.

"Miss. Hollen... I'm.. I don't know what to say. I'm sorry."

"Keep your apologies. I'm not the one with a bloody mouth. What were you thinking, Jordan, you literally attacked her at the entrance of my business! Do you know how that can reflect on me?"

"I'm sorry. I snapped. I shouldn't have laid hands on her like that."

"You shouldn't have laid on her period!"

"You're defending her right now?"

"I'm defending me! She's going to come after my pockets! You have no idea how this can turn out badly and how she can spin this into her favor. You fucked up!"

Angry was an understatement to describe how I was feeling.

"Miss Hollen..."

"I swear if you 'Miss. Hollen' me one more time. Matter of fact, you're fired, Jordan."

"Wait! What?!"

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me. I'm not LaTasha. You're terminated!"

"I can't believe this bullshit. This girl killed my unborn child, bragged about it and now I'm the bad guy?"

There was a knock on my door and Tiffany poked her head in.

"Thank goodness you're here," I said as I saw her and signaled for her to come in.

"Good morning," she greeted with a questioning look on her face.

"Is it though?" I asked her.

"Zen, there are people outside asking questions about an altercation. Did you and LaTasha exchange blows?"

"No. He did. Beat her into a pulp," I answered.

"Jordan, why in the hell would you do that?" she turned to him and asked. I explained what occurred and Tiffany grew worried.

"Man, this can go left really quick. It's already on social media. Someone recorded it and posted it," Tiffany said, staring at her phone, "The comments are saying you Zenobia unleashed your bodyguard on LaTasha because you were both with the same guy at the same time."

"What?" I asked, grabbing Tiffany's phone, I checked the comments, "How the hell they know of Kyle?"

"Check her social media," Jordan spoke.

I looked at LaTasha's Instagram and sure enough, there were pictures she stole from Kyle's page and posted it to hers to give the illusion they were a couple. She even made a live video stating a certain spoil rich girl took her man away from her, painting me as the bad guy and the one who was doing the stalking instead of her.

"This is total madness!" I shouted.

"She planned all that shit! She knew I would react like that and I was stupid enough to fall into her trap!" Jordan said, causing me to flare up even more.

"Why are you still here, you're fired! Get out of my company! Take all your things off my premises and leave!" I shouted at him.

"Fine! Just make sure I receive my paycheck for this month," he said before storming out the door.

~

I sat at my desk with my hands at my temple. The phones were ringing and my cellphone was vibrating off my desk.