Chapter 32: Once Upon A Time Besties

Kyle's POV

I didn't want to believe my ears but over the past few days, it turned out it was indeed David Tanx, my college best friend. We even shared a room together.

One thing certain and sure about him, he always had a way with the ladies. He even taught me a few tricks. His nickname was Mr. Smooth.

Getting home and to my very quarters, I couldn't think straight. Thoughts of Zenobia and David bombarded my mind. What if he tried to have his way with her in her office? What if she fell for his tricks and schemes like all those college girls did back then? What if he hurts her? David was a womanizer and I highly doubt he would change such characteristics over the years.

I had to warn Zenobia.

I left my room and walked out the front door. I knocked on Zenobia's front entrance door. There was a buzz and it opened. I entered and saw her descending her grand staircase.

"What's the matter?" she asked.

"I have to talk to you."

"About?"

"Your new assistant, David."

"What about David?"

"I know David."

"Okay. And?"

"And you should be careful around him. Don't fall for any of his tricks or smooth words. He knows exactly what to say and when to say it and it always worked with the ladies. You can't be one of them."

"Kyle, where are you getting at exactly?"

"I'm saying that...."

"That you think David would talk his way into my pants?"

I paused. "Yeah, that's what it boils down to."

"I'm not responsible for your insecurities, Kyle Livingston. David is my personal assistant. Nothing less, nothing more. You and him being old college buddies got nothing to do with me. Get over yourself."

"I'm sorry if I overstepped. I thought it would be my place to warn you incase he tries anything with you."

"Thank you but that's not needed. You can see yourself out now."

She turned on her heels and ascended back up the stairs. I watched her climbed every step before I walked out the door.

~

I was anticipating seeing David one day after work whilst waiting for Zenobia in the parking lot. Lo and Behold, I saw him walking through the lobby to make his exit.

I walked towards him as he got out the doors.

"David Tanx," I greeted short.

"Kyle Livingston," he responded with his signature sly smile. He extended his hand and shook it.

"It been a while," he added.

"You don't have to remind me."

"What are you doing here, if you don't mind me asking. I didn't know you work at Hollen Tower."

"I don't."

"What are you doing these days?"

"I'm a bodyguard?"

"A body.. guard?"

"That's what I said."

"Whose?"

"Miss. Zenobia Hollen's."

"Woww! How did you land that?"

"I applied and was successful."