Chapter 26: Feel The Impact

Kyle's POV

I couldn't believe my ears. Her words cut me like a knife and I was shell-shocked when she threw my belongings out the master bedroom I was to share with her that weekend.

Tiffany tried talking some sense into her and trying to get her to reconsider but it was like trying to convince a stone. Zenobia wasn't hearing it.

"How am I getting back?" I asked her.

"Walk your ass back!" Zen yelled.

"I can take you back if you like," Tiffany's boyfriend offered and I quickly accepted. The faster I can get away from Zen, the better. She can have all the time she would need to calm down, gather her senses back and start missing me because I would definitely be missing her.

Boa and I went to his car and we drove away.

"Man, I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've had my fair share of tantrums, but did you really cheat on Zenobia Hollen? You know her father is EJ Hollen, right?"

"Believe me, you don't have to remind me. But I never cheated on Zen. I wouldn't cheat on Zen. This whole thing has me baffled and I'm trying to remember when the hell did I get into bed with Lina."

"Wild night?"

"I don't do wild nights."

"Are you still going to be her bodyguard?"

"Well she ended our relationship but she didn't mention I was fired."

~

I directed him to Aunt Jackie's house. I met her and my mom in the living room area.

"Pookums," Aunt Jackie said and came over to hug me. She studied my face and saw I was rather upset, "Sweetie, what's wrong?"

"Everything!" I answered in a shout which wasn't directed at her. I locked eyes with my mom like a dart and she slowly stood up.

"You! You're one crazy ass bitch!" I cussed at her and Aunt Jackie scolded me for it.

"Now I know she has done some awful things in the past but that's still your mother and you wouldn't call her the B word in my presence," she said.

"My apologies to you and only to you, Aunt Jackie but there's a reason as to why I hate this woman even more than before. This has been one big set up, huh?"

"Kyle, what are even talking about?"

"My so called mother had me drugged after I ate with her. She then carried me into one of the guest bedrooms and allowed Lina to get into the bed with me. She then took pictures to make it appear that I was cheating on Zenobia with Lina!"

"Wait! What!" Aunt Jackie said and looked at my mother.

"I'm flabbergasted! Kyle, do you even hear yourself, why would I drug my own son?"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT! I'M NOT YOUR SON! You've been nothing but a terrible mother. You had everything going for you and you tossed it away! I'm trying to make sure I don't end up like you and you waltz your ass back into my life to wreck it!"

"Kyle, baby, calm down. Are you certain of what you're talking about?"

"Yes, Aunt Jackie."

"Jackie, don't listen to this boy. He's obviously tripping. Now, Kyle, if you wanted to have sex with Lina again, all you have to do was admit that to your girlfriend but to make up such an accusation.. Such a lie, about your own mother, that's beneath you. You need to stop and collect yourself."

"Jess, did you drugged Kyyand have him in bed with Lina?"

"Of course not. I don't get involve with young people and their love life."

"LINA! GET DOWN HERE!" Aunt Jackie called.

After a few seconds, Lina appeared and I wish I could wipe the smile off her face.

"Lina, did you get into bed with Kyle?"

"Yes. Because he wanted me to," she lied.

"That's a damn lie and you know it."

"Is it, Kyle, you said you couldn't stand being a bodyguard and that you didn't want to be one forever. That you have other dreams and aspersions. You want to own your own company."

"Okay, how she she know that?" Aunt Jackie asked, folding her arms. It was indeed my dream to become CEO of my own company.

"I know because he said it to me on the way to the bedroom. He even said he was over Zenobia and wanted me back only to find out he was lied. I woke up in the middle of the night and he was gone," Lina added.

"Kyle," Aunt Jackie said, looking shocked and puzzled.

"This is all a lie. A plot between her and my mother. How is it that I couldn't remember anything?"

"You can. You just don't want to. You made it clear it was a mistake when I confronted you about it. I couldn't stand falling back in love with you and watching you escort Zenobia every evening from work. You walk by me like if I was nothing. A ghost. I couldn't stand it. I just had to quit and to let her know the real Kyle. You're a user!" Lina said and broke into tears.

"Kyle! You should know better. Going around playing with young women's hearts, that's not how I raised you. I'm ashamed and disappointed. You dragged Lina and Zenobia into this and you're the one who got burn."

"Aunt Jackie, that's not the person I am. You of all people should know that. I love Zenobia and I wouldn't hurt her with that.. That thing."

"That thing?" Aunt Jackie asked and I heaved a frustrated sigh.

"You know what, fine. Don't believe me," I said and walked out of the house. Lina was good at one thing. She was quite the little actress.

I footed it to the main street and got into a cab. I directed the driver to Zenobia's mansion and once there, I relaxed in the comfort of the familiar bed in the guest house. I didn't dare go into her bedroom.

Sleep was on the verge of consuming me when a knock came on the door. I leaped up and out of bed.

I opened and I gulped. I came close, too close to shitting myself.

Standing at the door were EJ and Evan Hollen.