Chapter 57: Wanna Play

Zenobia's POV

It was another Thursday at the office and the news about my establishment had carried far and wide when I made changes in the operation. Instead of being a rival to Hollen Tower, we became partners.

I was entering the last of the mornings' clients information into my computer when Tiffany knocked and entered the room.

"Sorry to disturb but I've been thinking.." she started.

"About?" I asked her. I looked up from the computer giving her my undivided attention. She was wearing a wide smile on her face and was holding a flyer in her hands.

"What are you holding?" I asked her. She handed it to me and started bouncing up and down on her heels.

"Please say yes. Please say yes," she begged as I looked over the flyer.

It was an ad for a trip. More like a weekend getaway with family or friends or both to a cottage located at Lake Tahoe.

"Tiff..."

"Before you decline, please remember our last outing as a group ended in a broken relationship and a blown up car. This time, it can be more relaxed and fun. Jada and Kate can join us. The more the merrier."

"Tiff, we have a company to run. I'm up to my ears with paperwork and..."

"Let's unwind, Zen. It's a weekend. Let's just forget work and spend some time being besties. You did say you were a shitty friend and was barely there..."

"Okay. You win," I said with a laugh.

She did her victory dance and walked out of the office. Chuckling to myself, I turned back to my computer.

~
Friday evening rolled its joyous atmosphere in and we were sitting across from each other in the family's private jet. Jada had invite her companion, and Kate was present with Trish.

I was stunned when Tiffany invited Ron to join us.

"Thanks for the invite. I never thought I would have been included in your circle," Kate said to me, looking around the aircraft in awe.

"Although this was sudden, I'm glad you're here," I responded.

"Would we be placed at the northern or southern part of the lake?" Jada asked.

"Northern, right Zen?" Tiffany said.

"The southern part has great attraction, I heard," Kate chimed in.

All eyes landed on me.

I retrieved the information I received from the cottage's manager.

'A pleasant good morning to you Miss. Hollen. I'm Miss. Harmony, the cottage manager. I'm ecstatic to have yourself, friends and family member(s) join us at Lake Tahoe. I took the liberty in placing you at our luxury cottage located at the southern part of the lake. I personally will be awaiting your arrival. Do have a safe trip to us.
Truly, Janice Harmony'

I read the email aloud to the group.

A bottle of champagne was served before we ascended the sky.

~

Four hours later, we arrived at Lake Tahoe's luxury cottage. Miss. Janice Harmony met us at the threshold, handed me the keys and made certain we were settled in comfortably.

"Do enjoy your weekend," she said to us and we waved her off as she made her exit.

"This place is amazing," I said as I turned back to everyone else and looked at the interior decor.