Chapter 10: No Regrets

Zenobia's POV

I was freaking out. I snuck out of Kyle's bed and went back to my very own where sleep didn't welcome me.

I was up for the remainder of the night contemplating on the encounter I shared with Kyle.

"What's wrong with you, Zen?" I spoke to myself. I reached for my phone and dialled my best friend who answered after the second ring with a heavy sleepy voice.

"Zen, this better be an emergency," she growled.

"Tiff, it is," I answered.

"What? What's going on? Who's hurt?"

"My vagina."

"What?"

"Girl, I need your advice."

"Zenobia, what's going on?"

"I slept with him."

"Oh my gosh Zen! How could you! You can't move on with your life if you're going to let that asshole get into your panties when he feels like it."

"I'm not talking about Jake."

There was a gasp and a pause. "Then who are you talking about?"

"My.. my.. umm.."

"Bitch, your bodyguard?"

"Yesss," I let out.

"Oh shit! Damn! Girl, was it good?"

"Tiff!"

"Zen, please tell me you put it down on him and made him exhausted afterwards."

"Tiff, what am I going to do, how do I face him afterwards?"

"Make him your man and live your best life, Zen. Grow older together. Get married. Have some kids. Everyone thinks life is so complicated when we're the ones responsible for our own happiness but it's like we're scared of making ourselves happy."

"When did my bestie get into philosophy?"

"Let's just say you're not the only one putting guys to bed. As a matter of fact, he's asleep next to me right now."

"The guy from the club?"

"Yes. He's such a darling."

"Well I'm not going to keep you any longer. Go do that," I finished with a laugh.

"And Zen, please don't act as if nothing happened between y'all. Invite him for brunch or lunch or dinner or to an event. He seems like a great guy. And attractive too. If you don't grab him, someone else will."

We hung up but her words stayed with me. At daylight, I had my personal chef come over to prepare a luncheon and I invited Kyle over.

Lunch was outdoors. It was a beautiful and sunny Sunday afternoon. The chef and assistant chef set the table and lined it with the best soul food.

Corn-on-the-cob, pineapple baked chicken, fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, macaroni pie and a lasagna dish. And for drink, we were having orange juice.

Kyle came with a smile on his face as he joined me at the table. He looked so tempting in a baby blue T-shirt, jeans and sandals.

"Hi," he greeted.

"Hi," I answered back. The chef handed us our napkins lastly before leaving our presence.

"How are you?" I asked him while picking up a fork.

"I'm okay. You?"

"Likewise," I answered. The tension was thick. I knew he wanted to address last night and so did I but I wanted him to start first.