Chapter 30: Ties That Binds

Zenobia's POV

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" my mother bellowed as she walked into the bedroom I occupied and slammed the door behind her. Kyle stood a few feet away ,looking on to the scene getting raveled before his eyes.

"Mom, I...."

"I WAS WORRIED SICK! Your grandfather was worried sick and so was everyone else. Your father is so mad that he doesn't even want to speak to you right now. What were you thinking leaving the mansion without our knowledge?"

"I wasn't thinking to...."

"OF COURSE YOU WEREN'T THINKING! Zenobia, this isn't a game. You could have been hurt. Someone has a target on our backs and you go waltzing back to your home when you were instructed to stay HERE!"

"Can I speak now?" I calmly asked. Matching her tone would be very disrespectful and I wasn't looking forward to having my mother's handprint against my cheek.

"No, you may not." She turned towards Kyle, "You're to keep an eagle eye on her. I don't care if you have to use handcuffs to restrain her if she tries that silly stunt again. She's to STAY HERE!"

"Yes ma'am," Kyle answered and I scoffed too loudly for my mother's likings. She eyed me then walked out of the bedroom without another word.

*

"They are so dramatic," I said as I flopped down on the bed, "And you don't have to babysit me twenty-four seven. I'm going to leave again."

"You're a flight risk and I'm keeping an eye on you," he answered firmly. I couldn't believe he was taking this so serious.

"Have it your way," I said and an idea popped into my mind. Slowly, I rose from the bed in an arch position, making sure my round bottom was in his direction. I pushed my chest forward as I inhaled and pushed backwards as I exhaled.

"Yoga isn't fitted for a bed. May I suggest the floor and a mat?" he spoke.

"No thanks. This is mattress yoga, but maybe I ought to make myself much more comfortable." I removed my top, exposing the lace bra underneath then I turned on the cool air. I let my hair down and the curls went in the direction they wanted to.

KYLE'S POV

I knew exactly what she was doing. She was tempting me but I must admit that it was rather unexpected of her to do so in my presence. Of course, I didn't want to assume that she wanted things to escalate between us again. She made it perfectly clear she didn't want anything to have to do with me but that of being her bodyguard. But, damn, she was beautiful.

My breath got caught in my throat when she arched in my direction. I pictured myself going over to her and spanking her for being naughty. Then she just had to remove her top and made my member leap for joy. Her cleavage was perfect in that lace bra and I anticipated seeing her nipples. When she stood and put on the air conditioning, I wished I could see her walked forever. Then she let her hair down and the curls bounced around freely. I've never seen anyone sexier.

*

The next morning, I woke very early and caught up on some extensive training with Kenneth at the mansion's gym. After almost half an hour, I went back to the bedroom and got into the shower. The bedroom was designed to house two individuals without getting in each other's way. Zenobia had her personal space and so did I.

I got dressed and waited for Zenobia to be up and ready to start her day. After two hours, I escorted her to breakfast with her family. The First Lady invited me to the table with them.

"EJ and I made headway. Sources informed us that Sharon Constantine was pregnant whilst serving her punishments. The baby, a girl, was taken away from her and given to an infertile couple. They named her Sarah Chapple. When Sarah turned eighteen, she learnt the truth about her birth-mother and despised her foster parents from hiding the information from her. Sarah went away to college, got her degrees and never returned to the people who raised her. She met and married a Desmond Wick and gave birth to two daughters."

"Lena and her sister," Zenobia spoke.

"Correct," her uncle responded.

"What's the news on Sharon?" The First Lady asked.

"Alive and at a private nursing home in Beverly Glen."

She nodded in understanding and continued her meal but a look of determination was on her face. I knew exactly what she was thinking. She wanted to pay that woman a visit.

*

Everyone seemed a bit distant the following day, and the woman set to give me a hard time as her bodyguard, was unusually quiet. She was up early and joined Kenneth and I in the gym. She took an area for herself and I respected her space. After half an hour, she left and I tailed behind. She tossed me a bottle of water and sat on a bench outside the gym.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Not really. It's really not easy being a Hollen. People look at us from the outside and wish they had our lives and I look and wish I had theirs. I wish I didn't have to worry about someone trying to hurt us."

"It's going to be okay," I mentioned. She nodded and laid her head on my shoulder. I was surprised. I thought she hated me. I melted into the small embrace. That was until her father appeared.