Chapter 34: Woops

Zenobia's POV

"KYLE QUIT?" Tiff asked with a shout.

"He most definitely did," I answered, voice somewhat breaking.

"Bitch, what did you do?"

"And what makes you think I did something wrong?"

"Because you're stubborn, Zen. Stubborn and you don't listen."

"I'm stunned by your words right now, Tiff."

"You should be. He was one of the best bodyguards you've ever had at your side. At one point, you two were a couple and you pushed him away!"

"He cheated on me!"

"Quite frankly, I don't believe that bullshit. I've been telling you about that crazy chick from the day I laid eyes on her. She most definitely set him up to get the two of you to break up, and not to mention that her twisted family got bad blood with your family."

I heaved a sigh as I took off my computer. Tiff and I walked out of the room, entered the elevator and reached the parking lot.

I got into the backseat of my car and mentally cussed myself as I got out and got into the driver's seat.

Tiff couldn't stop laughing.

"So, have you told your father about Kyle as yet?" she asked once she regained composure.

"No. I don't know how to bring myself to tell him. Dad would be piss."

"Figures. He was warming up to him."

"So it appears."

"Well you would have to say something and he would have to seek for another bodyguard."

"Did someone say 'bodyguard'?" David asked as he walked up to us.

"We did," I answered, "Your bestie quit on me."

"Man, really? That's shocking. I never took Kyle to be a quitter. No, wait. Actually, I do. He's just like that. He quit being my best friend."

"Hmm. Why?" Tiffany asked him.

"History with a very long story," David answered, "But anyway, Miss. Hollen, if you're interested in a replacement, I know just the guy."

"Who, because she's not interested in some stealing, lying and shady person."

"Believe me, he's nothing like those you've just listed, Miss. Smith."

"So you know him pretty well?"

"I do."

"Well, who is he?" I asked.

"Me," he answered.

Tiff almost chocked on the bottle of water she was sipping from and I thought my ears were deceiving me.

"You?" Tiff asked.

"Yes, me. Look, Kyle and I took very similar courses in college. I'm qualified in security of that being a bodyguard and I'll be better at this than he was."

Tiff coughed and I flushed.

"What makes you so sure?" I asked him, folding my arms.

"I'm not a quitter," he answered with confidence.

I eyed him. Not as my personal assistant but as the guy who will guard me.

"Send your qualifications via my email address and I'll take it from there. If you're fit as you say, you'll be interviewed and the job would be yours."