childhood

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

chapter 2: childhood

It's not like you were jealous of Petra or anything. Just like Jean, your past feelings for Levi died down too. You didn't hate Levi or anything, you just weren't fond of her. Petra used to be your best friend until middle school when you both admitted you each had feelings for Levi. Of course, Petra was furious. You both ended up losing your friendship over a boy. It was silly really, but ever since then, you and Petra were no longer friends.

But eventually, your feelings for Levi did not last as long as you hoped. You started to stay far away from him as much as possible. Especially when Petra and him started dating, you kept a far distance.

The more distance you kept from him, the more distanced your feelings towards him were.

Levi and Petra's relationship was an on and off one. From my perspective, it seemed like Levi just wanted a distraction from his life. It didn't seem like his feelings for Petra were genuine.

Levi, on the other hand, changed a lot since middle school. Maybe not in terms of his height or hairstyle (im so sorry levi aodsksj) but he has such a cold personality now and his once happy and lively face was now replaced to a stern, unbothered one.

Freshman year was not the best year for Levi as his mother had sadly passed due to health issues. We're now juniors, so it's been awhile since then. I felt sad for him as when we were kids, his mother would always help me and Levi bake things for our bake sales at school.

His mom was the reason why I took an interest in baking. His mom was pretty much of another mother figure to me.

To be honest, it was no wonder why I lost my feelings towards him, he was my childhood friend. And it should stay that way. I left Levi Ackerman behind back in my childhood days.

Boy No. 3: Levi Ackerman

The childhood friend. My mother and his were best friends so it was no surprise to say we were best friends too. We did everything together. Riding our bikes along the street, helping his mom with baking. However we weren't much of a help when we pretty much covered the whole kitchen in flour and sugar. We both couldn't help but laugh since we were still young and eventually his mother gave in and started laughing with us.

Everyday after middle school we would go around each other's houses, since we lived in houses across from each other. We would always watch movies together etc. Eventually, I took an interest in baking and he always helped me with it. Levi even came up with the idea of selling them so we can make money.

We would always use that money for movie snacks and more baking equipment and ingredients.

We also spent it on video games which we played for hours on end.

After spending so much time with him for so long, it was about time when I eventually started to develop feelings for Levi.

But ever since freshman year, everything changed. He cut contact with me after he shut me out of his life because of what happened with his mother. He just stopped talking to me, like I never existed.

For a week, you gave him some space. One day, you even went to his house to drop off some baked goods so you'd have an excuse to talk to him. But he never showed up at the front door, it was always his dad that gave it to Levi for you.

After not talking to Levi for a month after his mother's death, it became normal when you walked past each other in the hallways without acknowledging one another. You were like strangers to each other now.

At times you felt like you were about to break down from his lack of interaction between you two. But as time passed, Levi still continued to act as if you were invisible to him. It came to the point where you got used to it and it never bothered you anymore.

The less you saw him, your feelings for him started drifting away too. But one thing was for sure, you did miss him being your best friend.

The bell suddenly rang, indicating that 1st period had ended. You gathered your books and placed them in your bag and walked out of class. You looked back to see Eren and his group of friends snickering and laughing behind you. Eren and his friends stopped and made quick eye contact with you as his friends carried on laughing.

You thought nothing of it, as you walked out to your next class.

Levi's pov:

I heard Jaeger's group of friends, who were clearly, laughing at Y/n as I walked behind them. I don't know why this angered me though, it's not like we were friends anymore, so why should I care.

"Hey. Ackerman!" Eren shouted and smirked, interrupting my thoughts.

"What?" I said in a cold tone.

"You going to Petra's party tonight?"

"Yeah." I replied bluntly.

"Why so blunt, Ackerman?" Eren grinned in satisfaction as Eren knew he was pushing his buttons

"It's not like you're gonna be all over Petra again, right?" I replied, not really caring anyway.

"Ah yes. Your girlfriend. Well I'm pretty sure when we had our fun moments, both of you were at your off stage in your continuous on and off relationship." He grinned.

I rolled my eyes and cringed. Me and Petra never confirmed we were both in a relationship, she just started opening her big mouth and started telling others that we had.

"Shouldn't you be f*cking with some other girl right now, Jaeger?" I said sending glares toward Eren, clearly changing the subject.

I didn't get to hear his response as I began pushing passed the group of friends and on my way to my next class.

1005 words

date posted: 9th january 2021

A/n: another chapter finished!! i hoped you enjoyed this chapter!! obviously for the purpose of this story, we're gonna pretend that all the aot characters are of the same age :) anyways, i also hope you have a great day/ night!
till the next chapter!!!
- ki xx