conditions

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

chapter 8: conditions

I was sitting down on the stairs tying my laces to my sneakers before I quickly got my bag and slung it around my shoulder before walking to school.

On my way to school, I was deep in thought. The answer to Levi's question yesterday was obvious. He was absolutely right, it would help calm my situation down regarding the letters. However, I did feel a pang of guilt creep onto me, I would be completely lying to Mikasa. My best friend, who I'm meant to tell everything to.

I shake my head, getting rid of the negative thought. I will tell her, soon. After fake dating Levi and when my love letter situation dies down, I'll tell her straight away.

After thinking for so long, I didn't realise I had already walked passed the school gates and onto the soccer field, where Levi usually is present for morning practice.

His team were already finishing up for practice so they can get ready for 1st period. I saw Levi placing all the soccer balls in a basket, wiping them clean of any dirt before he placed them in.

We made brief eye contact with each other so he knew I was there. He nodded in response, acknowledging me, finishing up with the last soccer ball.

Whilst waiting for him to finish, I couldn't help but overthink about the consequences of my future actions. Will this actually help my situation? Will people say mean things about our (fake) relationship? What if people find out?

"Oi, brat," Levi poked my shoulder, bringing me back to reality. "What are you doing here?"

"I came here to tell you my answer to your question yesterday," an unusual sense of confidence came over me.

"Which is..?"

"Let's do it." You responded.

Levi gave a scrutinising look to make sure you were very serious with your answer.

He then swiftly leaned down and kissed me. I kissed him back, going along with his sudden movements. This is all for show I thought to myself as he pulled back from the kiss and smiled, acting as if he was totally in love. That was literally the first time in years I've seen Levi smile.

Suddenly, I heard the rest of the boy's soccer team cheering and clapping for the both of us as I stood there awkwardly and smiled. Levi took this as a chance to snake one of his arms around my waist to pull me closer. Out of instinct, I immediately hid my face in his chest, my social anxiety building up by the second, my confident act going down.

"Uhm, meet me in the library during lunch" I said, my confident tone clearly not as high as it was before.

꧁꧂

"Tch, why am I here?" Levi asked curiously, hands in his pockets.

Me and Levi sat down on a bench that was underneath a tree where ribbons of sunlight pierced through them.