emotions

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

chapter 14: emotions

It was afterschool, Levi had visited Erwin to study for their upcoming exam week.

By 'studying', they really did the exact opposite. The two had been playing video games all afternoon, it was nearly evening.

"So why aren't you spending your evening with Y/n?" Erwin asked, out of the blue. "You guys are still dating right?"

"Yeah we're still dating." Levi replied, eyes still looking at the TV screen where they were playing the video game from.

"You didn't answer the first question, Levi." Erwin stated. "Did you guys have an altercation?"

Levi huffed. He was getting annoyed. He didn't want to answer Erwin's question, because in reality, the both of you had agreed to keeping this dating thing only during school hours. This resulted in the both of you to only talk during school, never during your own time.

"We had a misunderstanding, but we fixed it this morning."

It wasn't necessarily a lie, so it should be believable he thought to himself.

At the corner of his eye, Levi could see Erwin open his mouth, about to say something but then abruptly closed it after.

"You know, you could always tell me anything, Levi. I will always listen and give you advice if needed." Erwin assured. He noticed something different in Levi over these past few weeks, he seemed happy one day, then look the complete opposite the next. To him, Levi looked conflicted.

It was out of the ordinary seeing you and Levi together and in 'love', when you haven't even muttered a single word to each other for so long. The fact you guys were dating so suddenly, made him quite suspicious about the two of you.

"Yeah, yeah." Levi brushed him off, "this is getting sappy.  Pay attention to the game, we're losing."

Upon earlier events, Levi felt relieved that you guys continued to fake date.

Truthfully, he only brought up the idea of this fake relationship as an excuse to be close to you again.

But why? He had no business with you anymore. Right?

Though he'd never admit it, he missed you. He hated himself for ignoring you and cutting contact with you for so long. He would never forgive himself for ignoring an important and special person close to him.

He never wanted to hurt to you ever again. Even, if Jaeger happened to be in the picture. He hated the idea of you being close to Eren but as if Levi was any better. They both had hurt you in some way.

When he's ready, Levi would finally tell you the reason why he ignored you during freshman year and onwards, why he developed a cold, dismissive persona towards you.

But until then, Levi would stay silent, only his conflicting emotions and you in his plaguing thoughts.

꧁꧂

The library, a cup of tea and a study partner. A lovely combination when studying for your upcoming exam week.

"So the use of religious imagery helps convey how Romeo portrayed Juliet as some sort of God or saint to worship?" Eren asked.

"That's exactly it." You smiled.

You had offered Eren to help him study english as an incentive for him helping you in science, in which apparently he was good at since his dad is a doctor.

So here you both were, both studying together so you could at least get good grades.

It was around 5:00pm when you had to pack up your studies as the library reached it's closing time.

Eren had helped you place all of your flashcards into the front pocket of your bag, as you were putting on your coat.

Whilst walking outside the library, it had started raining. You both stood at the exit of the library, still inside as you were fishing for your umbrella in your bag.

During this, Eren couldn't help but gulp as he started to become anxious  for the next conversation he is about to have with you.

For the past few weeks, the only thing that Eren had thought about was your love letter you had wrote for him. It still pained him to know that he ruined his chances with you by being an A-class blockhead. That and the fact you were still dating the Levi Ackerman.

He never really had a good relationship with Levi, they both always seemed to despise each other, right from the start. It was just how it is.

But despite that, Eren has now confirmed that he too, likes you back. Ever since he's read your letter to him, which he received one morning. The feeling of guilt and regret that washed over him whilst reading your heartfelt letter word for word. He knew he couldn't take back his actions, how he forced himself on you, but he really wanted to try to make it right to you.

Even if he cannot have you, he was willing to do anything just to be close to you. He wanted to feel relaxed in your presence. You drove him crazy.

"Y-y/n?" His voice barely a whisper, "can we talk about that letter?"

Your eyes widened, as you weren't expecting him to bring up the subject right then and there. Eventually, you sighed as you admitted defeat. You knew you were going to have to talk about this sooner or later. You weren't exactly sure what you were going to say to Eren. However, you were sure that your feelings for him were still there. As much as you shouldn't, you found it hard to get rid of these feelings, ever since Eren had done you wrong. You just couldn't get rid of these feelings so quickly.

When you had a crush on Levi, it took you over a year for you to move on from him. It took you so long to get over your feelings for him, ever since he started ignoring you after his mother's death.

But hanging out with him and seeing the more softer side of Eren, now that was the Eren you caught feelings for.

"Did you mean it? With what you wrote in that letter?" Eren asked, eyes looking longingly at you.

"Yes." You responded as he leaned his face closer to yours, lips inches apart from each other.

1030 words

date posted: 8th april 2021

a/n: new chapter!! yayyy!! also thankyou so much for 1k reads?!!? im so happy🥺! also if your a manga reader, what did you think of the final chapter?? have a good day/ night <3