Chapter 48

A single boy was seen inside of his home. As he woke up, he looked in the mirror. When he opened his eyes, the mirror looked as if it would crack at any moment. Soon he puts on his glasses, as the lines he saw were no longer in his view.

"Alright Shiki, a new day is ahead of you."

As Shiki said this to himself, he ran out of his home

As Shiki said this to himself, he ran out of his home. The events that happened to him lately were still fresh in his mind. Every last fight down to the smallest detail were etched into his being. As he was walking to school, he began to think to himself.

"It's been a while after the fight with Roa. Students are returning back to school today. It's been awfully quiet around the school after Roa was killed. Plus there haven't been any Dead Apostles showing up in the city either. Though there are some super naturals that need to be dealt with, it seems as though things have returned to normal to an exten-"

As Shiki said this, he suddenly felt himself instinctively reaching for his knife. He looked around to find out what caused him to feel this way. When he looked to the side, he saw an abandoned building. He didn't know why, but he felt as if he needed to investigate it. Soon Shiki brought out his phone as he called someone.

"Shiki, is there an issue?"

"Yeah. I might be a little late for school today, Teru. I have something to "clean up", if you catch my drift."

"I see, in that case, give them hell."

"You don't even need to ask."

After saying this, Shiki hung up the phone as he went towards the abandoned building. When Shiki stepped inside, he was sure he heard the sound of someone screaming for help. Hearing this, Shiki ran forward inside of the abandoned building. When he did, he could've sworn the cry got louder.

Soon Shiki reached a door where his instincts were just screaming. They were telling him that whatever was behind this door needs to die. As this happened, Shiki took a hold of his knife as he took off his glasses, thus letting his Mystic Eyes of Death Perception become active.

 As this happened, Shiki took a hold of his knife as he took off his glasses, thus letting his Mystic Eyes of Death Perception become active