Chapter 20

Shiki and Hanako were standing face to face. As they both glared at each other, Shiki saw little pink rabbit creatures walking into the room. At first he didn't care, but he saw they were carrying something.

"Is that.....Strawberry Häagen-Dazs?"

"Sorry! The mokke have a bad habit of commiting minor thefts."

As Hanako apologized, the mokke gave both him and Shiki the snack as they ran along. Hanako and Shiki looked at the Häagen-Dazs first, then they looked back at each other.

"Snack break?"

"Snack break."

The two of them shook hands as they both started eating. As they did, they both began to calm down a bit. During this time, they learned an important thing. Food brings people together.

"So then, what is it that you want from me. Or could it be....you've seen the good side of me and want to be friends."

"Hah! You wish, Number 7. Actually, its less of a favor but more of a question."

Hanako was curious about what Shiki would have to ask. Considering they don't have the best first impression of each other, they wouldn't want anything to do with each other. But for Shiki to be here to see him, it must be important.

"You maintain balance at this school. So then, are you aware of other supernaturals that come near this area?"

"To an extent, yes. I can tell if another supernatural is around. Plus i also help to take care of some of the rogue supernaturals."

Shiki nods at Hanako. As the two talked and ate together, their previous suspicions of each other seem nonexistent. As time flew by, they seemed to be on good terms.

"So then, Megane-kun. What will you do now?"

"Well......our deal is void now. After all, i don't make deals with acquaintances."

Hanako was surprised by what Shiki said. When they first met they both hated each others, he could tell Shiki hated supernaturals. So then why did he say that.

"Its true, i hate some supernaturals. However i won't let my hatred cloud my judgement. If you really wanted me dead, we wouldn't have eaten Häagen-Dazs and talked together for this long. Now i'm not saying i'll let you go scott free, i'll still keep an eye on you. However, consider this as a sort of truce between you and i."

"I see. Well you've been eliminating rouges at this school too, right? I guess we have a common goal."

"That's not the only reason why i want to form a truce. Yashiro seems to think highly of you. So instead of trusting you, i'm trusting in Yashiro. As long as you promise to keep my underclassmen safe, then i might consider speaking to you without having an urge to kill you."

Hanako nodded at the boys words. They may not like each other, but both boys seem to trust Yashiro. Seeing that Shiki only wants his underclassmen to be safe, Hanako smiled.

"Okay then. I'll keep her safe, Shiki."

"Heh. I'm counting on you, Hanako."

As Shiki walks out the room, he passed by a girl with green hair. When he saw her face, his mind played a memory inside of his head. He remembered he was lying on the ground with blood on his chest as he saw a girl crying as she saw him in that state. All he remembers of her was her green hair. When Shiki came back to his senses, he shook his head.

"That girl.......have i seen her before?"

~Meanwhile~
Tsukasa is seen floating upside down in the air as he kept poking Natsuhiko. As the two boys waited, the girl that passed by Shiki walked into the room.