Chapter 24

~Next Day~
"Shiki-nii!!!!!!"

As Shiki was walking through the halls of the school, he saw Kou running towards him with great speed. Shiki stopped Kou in his tracks by putting his hand on the boy's head and pushing him back.

"Calm down Kou. What is it that you need?"

"Oh its just that, Senpai seemed really down after she destroyed Tsuchigomori-sensei's yorishiro. So i thought of a way to help cheer her up."

Kou whispered into Shiki's ear as he told him his plan. As this happened, Shiki's eyes were shadowed by his hair. With a serious tone, Shiki spoke.

"Hand me my apron."

~With Yashiro~
Yashiro was at the garden taking care of plants as she was lost in thought. Ever since she saw Hanako's past self at the 4pm Book-stacks, she hasn't been able to look him in the eye.

"Heh, i was always curious on who took care of the plants. Plus that explains why Teru had vegetables on his desk."

Yashiro turned around when she heard that voice. When she did, she saw Kou and Shiki wearing aprons. Though she was surprised to see them here.

"M-Minamoto-kun?! Aozaki-Senpai?!"

"Geez. You never change do you Yashiro. Anyways Kou has a favor to ask you."

Yashiro was surprised when she heard this. Soon Kou led Yashiro and Shiki to the home-economics lab. However when they entered, the only word used to describe the scene before them was chaos.

"I'm glad you and Shiki-nii agreed to come with me. Teru-nii and i were here a little while ago, but a few mistakes were made."

"Dammit Teru. Next time i see you, you're getting kicked."

As Shiki was only thinking about kicking Teru for messing up his safe haven, Yashiro was wondering why Kou was making donuts. Since he knew that Kou was terrible at lying, Shiki spoke up.

"His little sister has developed a sweet tooth recently so he's making donuts for her. The kitchen at his house wasn't suited for that so the home-economics lab was the best option."

"Yeah, what he said. Plus i talked with Hanako and got you off the hook from cleaning duty today."

Yashiro thanked Kou for what he did. Truth be told, she was having a hard time facing Hanako at the moment. As she told them her issue, she started to stir the batter like crazy as she kept speaking. Seeing this, Shiki did the only "sensible" thing in this moment. He rolled up a magazine and hits Yashiro's head with it.

"Ow, what was that for?"

"First, no one will ruin the greatest treasure on this planet known as sweets. Not while i'm around. Secondly, it was to bring you back to your senses. Yashiro, everyone has things they want to hide. Things that can make even their closest friends question them. Besides.........School Mystery Seven isn't the only murderer close to you."

Its true, Shiki hasn't forgotten what he's done. While she may have brought herself back to life, it didn't change the fact that Arcueid was murdered by Shiki. However, now wasn't the time to worry about his own problems. Right now, he wanted to help his underclassmen.

"Yashiro, life is too short to linger on thoughts such as right or wrong. Instead of wondering what you should do, focus on what you can do. As soon as you're able to do that, you'll find the answer that you're searching for."

Having said that, Shiki left the room as he took off his apron. As he walks away he saw one of the mokke's walking off somewhere. His curiosity got the better of him so he decided to follow him. Shiki exited the building as he followed the mokke from a distance.

"What a good child."

Shiki heard the sound of a girl's voice. When he did, he held his chest in pain. His mind played the same memory. A girl calling out to him as he was on the ground with a wound on his chest. As Shiki stepped out from his hiding spot he saw two people, Natsuhiko and the girl he passed by.

"Yo, Aozaki. What are you doing here?"

"I was just helping my underclassmen. When i finished i thought of taking a walk."

Shiki knew something was up, so he had to play dumb. Though he knew lying would make him more suspicious so he only told half the truth. However, when Shiki looked at the girl that was nearby, he felt strange.

"Oh? Have you fallen for her beauty too? This is my lo-"

Before Natsuhiko could finish his sentence, the girl hits his head with a book. Soon the girl stood up as she looked at Shiki. As Shiki looked at her, the pain in his chest grew.

"I'm sorry for his actions. I'm Nanamine Sakura, a third year."

Suddenly images from his past flood inside Shiki's head. He knew that name, he didn't know how but he could feel it.

"Oh, i'm Shiki Aozaki. I'm a second year."

It was only for a moment, but Shiki could've sworn the girl's eyed held something in them. Was it joy? Surprise? He couldn't tell, yet he felt a connection with her.

"It was nice to meet you, Aozaki-san. We'll be on our way."

"Don't go....."

Something inside of Shiki was telling him not to let her go. Why? Why did he feel this way? He couldn't understand it, not one bit.

"Excuse me, Sakura-senpai."

"Yes, what is it?"

Sakura stopped in her tracks as she heard Shiki's voice. Shiki didn't know why he was doing this, but he felt that he needed to do this. Soon he asked her what was on his mind.

"Have we met before?"

One second. It lasted for one second, but Shiki saw it. A pained look was in her eyes when he asked her that. However, she quickly recovered as she replied.

"I'm sorry. I think you have the wrong person."

Having said that Nanamine and Natushiko left the area. As this happened, Shiki left the school grounds. When he did, he saw someone standing on the street as if he was waiting on him.

"I don't why, but when i saw this man two things happened

"I don't why, but when i saw this man two things happened. I felt a sharp pain in my chest where the scar was and I felt a strong urge to kill the man in front of me."