Chapter 17

A young boy is seen sitting alone at a manor. It was the middle of the night and his only companion was a cold silence. For most kids his age, being alone in the dark with nothing but silence is just terrifying.

However, for a brief moment, he heard a voice. He walked outside the manor as he searched for the one who called out to him. The moon was shining brightly in the sky as he was searching for who called him.

He roamed through a veil of trees, away from his manor. Though he noticed that the calling stopped. It was replaced with screams. As he saw the moon shining once more, he saw a horrible sight.

Everyone he knew was lying on the ground in a pool of blood. Their limbs separated from their bodies. The boy shook in fear as he felt an immense amount of bloodlust. As he turned around, he saw a man approaching him. He could tell the man wanted nothing more than to end his life.

 He could tell the man wanted nothing more than to end his life

He was frozen in fear. He wanted to move but his legs wouldn't listen to him. As the man was only a few steps away from him he heard someone calling out to him.

"Shiki!!!!!"

The boy saw a familiar woman in front of him. The man that was about to kill him, dismembered the woman in front of him with his bare hands. The woman's blood stained the boy's face as he slowly lost consciousness. The boy realized something before he did. The woman who called out to him....the woman who he called mother....would never call out his name again.

~With Shiki~
Shiki suddenly wakes up in his bed in a cold sweat. He felt his heart racing after experiencing that dream again. He knew he would live with that memory forever, that's part of the reason he wants to find a purpose in life. He wanted to move on and take a step forward.

Shiki remembered that it was the weekend, so he only had one thing in mind. To go to the store and buy something that he loves with all his heart. The object was none other than strawberry Häagen-Dazs. As he left his home, he roams the city as he didn't have anything special to do.

"The seventh mystery agreed with my deal. However, did he share the details i gave him with the other mysteries? Especially......HIM."

Shiki's remembered what happened to him during his freshman year. When he was brought into School Mystery Number 6's boundary. He didn't want to experience that again nor did he want to see that mystery again.

"I should probably stop thinking about it for now. Its the weekend, the only time i have to myself. Might as well enjoy mys-"

As Shiki was walking, he passed by a girl with shining, red eyes and blonde hair. His eyes widen as he passed the girl.

"Hurry."

Something inside of Shiki's head was telling him to hurry. As if his body was moving on it's own, he began to follow the girl he passed as he was a good distance away from her.

"What am i doing?"

"Go after her."

As Shiki followed the girl, he noticed that he was far away from a crowded area. He was closing the distance, but what concerned him was the smile on his face.

"Why am i doing this?"

"There's only one thing to do."

Shiki took off his mystic eye killers as his eyes began to change. When he looked at the girl, he saw the lines of death on her body. This sensastion he felt, it was just like with the supernatural. As the girl was clueless of what was happening, she suddenly stopped moving.

Shiki stood there for a moment. He was wondering what just happened. As he looks down, he saw the girl he followed. She was on the ground in a pool of blood, she was dead. His eyes were widened as he had a look of despair on his face.

"She's dead........i killed her?"

In a blink of an eye, as he was consumed by his own bloodlust, Shiki had already used his knife and sliced the girl into seventeen pieces. He puts on his glasses and was horrified by what he has done.

"No....no no no no no no. This can't be true. This has to be a dream."

As Shiki looked at the dismembered body, he held the urge to vomit. He couldn't believe he killed an innocent girl. As his hands were stained with her blood, he wanted to believe it was all a dream. Just a horrible, horrible dream. Even if it was a dream, the moment he saw her there was only one thing on his mind. As he slowly lost his grip on his consciousness, he knew why he followed this woman.

"Why.....why did i want to kill that woman?"

~Timeskip~
Shiki slowly opened his eyes, as he did he noticed that he was inside of his room. As he looked down, he saw that he was still wearing his clothes from yesterday yet there were no bloodstains. Soon Shiki heard his phone ringing and answered it.

"Hello."

"Thank goodness, seems you're awake."

"Teru? What's wrong?"

"Sorry, i was just worried. Yesterday when Kou and i were walking home from the store, we saw you passed out on the ground."

Shiki's had a look of shock on his face. His heart was racing in fear as Teru said that. Does he know what he did, or even worse, did Kou see something so horrific.

"Teru....was anyone else there with me?"

"No, you were the only person there. Kou was worried so he and i brought you back to your home."

Shiki smiled as he heard this from Teru. He felt joy knowing that Kou and Teru cared for him so much. However, his smile didn't last for long as he remembered what happened yesterday.

"Thanks, Teru. I'm going to be a little busy today, so i'll see you tommorow."

As Shiki ends the call, he took out his knife. He didn't see any blood spots or stains on it, yet he still had a bad feeling. Soon he walks out of his house, he had something he needed to confirm.

As he walked through the city, he had a scared look on his face. That person was alive and he took that life away from her. He felt disgusted with himself, he wished it was all a nightmare. Soon he found himself at the park where it all happened.

As he looked around he didn't see a body or any trace of blood. He had a sigh of relief as he believed that it may have been a dream. However, that moment of relief was instantly destroyed.

"I found you."

Shiki's eyes were now filled with despair. As he slowly turned around he saw a beautiful girl smiling at him. As she waved her hand, she greeted the boy who killed her.