Chapter 25

Silence. That was the only thing present in this situation. As Shiki looked at the man in front of him, his instincts told him one thing. The man...no, the creature in front of him was an enemy.

Suddenly the man charged at Shiki with great speed

Suddenly the man charged at Shiki with great speed. Shiki quickly side stepped, but the man's knife grazed his cheek. As Shiki looked at the man, he took off his glasses as his eyes began to change and he starts to see the lines of death. Shiki took out his own knife as he wanted nothing more than to kill the man before him.

 Shiki took out his own knife as he wanted nothing more than to kill the man before him

Shiki and the man dashed forward with immense speed. Their knives clashed against one another before they jumped back. Shiki couldn't really see the person well since it was dark out. So instead he followed the lines of death that were present on the man's body.

The two of them charged at each other again. As the man swung his knife at Shiki's throat, the boy quickly ducked down and stabs the man in his leg. Soon Shiki used his left leg to unleash a barrage of kicks at the man with incredible speed.

"I'll kill him."

The creature thrusts his knife forward in an attempt to impale Shiki. Seeing this, Shiki elbowed the creature's arm against a wall. As this happened, a cracking sound could be heard.

"I'll kill him!"

As Shiki thought this to himself, he looked at the creature as he was about to stab a point of death on his body. However, when he saw the creature's face all he saw was a smiling face.

Suddenly another image was inside of Shiki's head. He saw the girl with green hair crying as he was on the ground with a wound on his chest. However, this time he saw something else. There was a third person in this situation.

While Shiki was distracted, the creature tried to jab at him. Seeing this, Shiki jumped back to avoid the attack. The creature lunged forth and swung his knife, but Shiki countered with his own knife.

"The way he's moving...its just like me when i go for the lines of death. No way, can he see them too?!"

The creature swung his knife as it went for Shiki's face. As Shiki blocked the attack with his knife, he saw the line of death across his own face.

"He was aiming for it......"

Shiki was shocked by this. If he could really see the same thing as him, then Shiki is in immense danger. Suddenly the creature swung his knife, Shiki jumped back but the creature just dropped his knife into his second hand and slashed Shiki's chest.

Shiki quickly got up as he looked at the creature. While he knew he was in danger, Shiki suddenly smiled. He wants to kill this creature in front of him. His instincts were screaming at him to kill the damn thing.

As Shiki charged at the creature, he suddenly jumped to the side. He puts his strength in his legs as he bounced off the wall and launched himself at the creature. He missed the line of death, but he managed to cut off the creature's arm. Shiki suddenly held his knife backwards as he slashed at the creature with immense speed. Afterwards, he grabbed the creature's face and slams it into the ground.

"I'll kill hi-"

"You.....you killed me."

Shiki froze when he heard this voice. Once more, the image that haunts him played in his mind. The girl with green hair was crying while he was thinking to himself.

"This image again. A child is hurt. The girl was crying. I was trying so hard not to make her cry as my blood stained the ground."

"Hahahahahah. Shiki, you killed me."

The creature tried to stab Shiki, but the boy jumped back. The creature took too much damage, so he starts to retreat. As Shiki was about to chase after him, another image was in his head. Adults were gathering around him as they asked him one question.

"Did you kill him, Shiki?"

Shiki held his head in pain. He felt his consciousness slipping as he fell on the ground. As he touched his chest, he felt blood on his hands. As he slowly closed his eyes, he saw one thing. Beautiful red eyes and blonde hair entering his field of vision.

~Timeskip~
Shiki slowly opened his eyes. He found himself in a bed with his chest bandaged. As he looked to the side, he saw Arcueid sitting in a chair next to him.

"Oh, you're awake. Thank goodness!"

Shiki was surprised by Arcueid's reaction. Why would she care so much for her killer's well being? It seems that understanding Arcueid is even harder than killing the supernatural in Shiki's case.

"You were passed out in front of your school when i was patrolling the area. When i sensed another vampire nearby, i tried to get to you as fast as i could."

Shiki was grateful to Arcueid, but there was one thing on his mind. Why did he have the urge to kill that creature? Why did the creature said he killed him? Though, what stuck out to him most were the images he saw in his head.

"It wouldn't be accurate to call them dreams or just images. Were they my memories? If so....was that thing apart of my past."

As Shiki was deep in thought, Arcueid had a look of worry on her face. The vampire that Shiki just fought wasn't normal by any means. As she looked at Shiki, she started to speak up.

"Shiki, you need to be more careful from now on. That individual you just faced is dangerous."

"Arcueid......"

Shiki could hear the concern in Arcueid's voice. As he looked at Arcueid, he smiled softly as he pats her head.

"Don't worry. I may not look like it, but i'm pretty hard to kill."

Arcueid smiled as she was touched that Shiki was trying to cheer her up. However, she had one thing to tell him.

"Shiki....that person you fought earlier. I have no doubt in my mind. He's the current Roa."