Chapter 39

"Umm....Arcueid-san, i have to ask you something. Back with that Roa person, why did Shiki act so murderous? He usually isn't like that at all?"

Arcueid was in deep thought after Yashiro asked her that question. She remembered Shiki acting the same way when he first killed her, yet she never knew WHY he killed her in the first place. Heck, even Shiki himself didn't understand. As the two girls looked at the resting boy, Teru soon spoke up.

"That would be due to Shiki's family."

"His family?"

"You see Yashiro, Shiki's real family name isn't Aozaki. In actuality his real name is Shiki Nanaya."

Arcueid's eyes suddenly became wide. When she thought about it, everything made sense to her. The reason Shiki killed her, the reason Shiki was so proficient at killing the supernatural. Now all the pieces were falling into place, but Yashiro was still confused.

"But what does that have to do with-"

"Everything. The Nanaya family would raise their children at a young age to use the Nanaya Assassination arts, which drew upon the limits of the human body. That and along with their exposure to eliminating the supernatural, the members of that family developed a murderous impulse towards anything that isn't human. Normally, they would use their impulses with their assassination techniques to make them more powerful."

Teru looked at his best friend that was resting on the floor. He learned about all this from his father who helped Makihisa Aozaki, the real Shiki Aozaki's father, alter Shiki's memories. As he sighed, he looked back at Yashiro and Arcueid.

"However, since Shiki's memories are a bit scrambled and he forgot about the assassination arts, all he has is a murderous impulse that he can't control. So when Shiki meets anything that isn't human, his instincts as a Nanaya take over and his first thought is to kill the non-human being in front of him."

Yashiro didn't know what to say. To be born as a killing machine, to be born with your fate already decided. It seemed cruel, it seemed far too cruel in her mind. Soon Arcueid began to ask Teru something.

"If Shiki just needs to learn the Nanaya Assassination arts again, then why not have one of his family members train him again."

"That's impossible. After all, the Nanaya family was massacred by a family filled with humans who were mixed-bloods. The only reason Shiki survived was because the person responsible pitied him and the fact that he shared the same name as his own son."

"So you mean to tell me Shiki was adopted by the person who was responsible for his family being murdered!"

Teru merely nodded his head. However, he noticed that Shiki still retained the physical skills required for him to use the assassination arts during the times they eliminated rogue supernatural beings. Maybe there was still a way for him to remember them and be able to control his bloodlust. But that depended on one person.

"Shiki.....please wake up soon."

~In Shiki's mind~
Shiki opened his eyes and looked around the area. He was in a manor and noticed that his clothes were different. In fact, he noticed that his whole body changed when he looked at his reflection in a window.

 In fact, he noticed that his whole body changed when he looked at his reflection in a window