Chapter 16

After the school mystery accepted the deal, Shiki was prepared to receive any information that he could obtain. However, Yashiro and Kou were still surprised about Tsuchigomori being one of the mysteries.

"I can't believe one of our teachers isn't human....."

"It's really not that unusual."

Yashiro and Kou's attention shifted towards Tsuchigomori himself. As the man sighed, he began to explain why he said that.

"There are, in fact, quite a few supernaturals who have chosen to blend in with humans. We supernaturals need the rumors of us to keep circulating or else we can't stay on the Near Shore. A crucial part of that is spreading your own rumors. Blending in with humans just makes it convenient. Who knows, maybe one of your friends isn't human."

"Doesn't that mean we could be in danger at any moment?"

"Of course not, Yashiro. After all, as long as Teru and i are here, we'll make sure no supernatural will even lay a finger on you."

"Aozaki-senpai........"

Yashiro was surprised by how Shiki is acting now. He seemed more mature and calm than the usual ice cream loving senpai she knew. As she was thinking this, Hanako nodded in agreement.

"Don't worry Yashiro. You'll be fine, we're here to make sure no one gets hurt."

Soon Hanako, Tsuchigomori, and a fox, that Shiki just noticed was present, all stood next to each other. As Hanako wad smiling, the other two held a neutral expression.

"We're the school's Seven Mysteries!"

"....we supervise all the supernatural that exist in the school....."

"....and maintain proper relations between humans and supernatural."

As all the apparitions said this, the three humans present just looked at them with a blank stare. Shiki knew they could be a threat but right now, he's wishing he was at home eating ice cream instead of with them. Soon Hanako spoke up again.

"The short version is that while we do scare people, we're a team of seven friends fighting on the side of justice. And i'm the leader."

Yashiro and Kou just stared blankly at Hanako. Shiki just stopped caring altogether. At this point he threw common sense out the damn window.

"But there's only three of you."

"And Yako-san was attacking students just a little while ago."

"Plus me and Teru do all the work of keeping "justice" in this school."

Hanako stared to the side as he sweats a bit. Meanwhile Tsuchigomori was looking down at the fox named Yako.

"The girl was talking about you, stupid fox."

"Shut up, emo spider. I'm going to chew you to pieces."

As the two wonders glared daggers at each other, Hanako soon walked over to them. He had a smile on his face as he approached them.

"Come on, you two........We're friends."

"Yes sir."