Chapter 47

It has been a few days since Shiki killed Roa. The students were given a few days off as the roof to the school was getting repaired after the fight.

"A new day is here."

"Goodbye, my love."

"A day without her is here."

Shiki still didn't want to believe it. He didn't want to believe that Arcueid was gone. He felt a sharp pain in his chest when he remembered what happened to her. Soon Shiki puts on his Mystic Eye Killers, but something was wrong.

The lines of death were still visible even though his Mystic Eye Killers were supposed to suppress this power

The lines of death were still visible even though his Mystic Eye Killers were supposed to suppress this power. Soon he took off the glasses and puts them back on, but he got the same result. The lines of death were still there.

"What does this mean? If my eyes can still see death even with my Mystic Eye Killers on....does that mean my eyes are too strong to be contained by them. Though, I don't see that many so I guess its still being suppressed to an extent."

Soon Shiki took out his phone and dialed a number. The phone rung a few times before it was finally answered. When Shiki heard the sound of a yawn, he heard the individual speak.

"Shiki, what's wrong? Did something happen?"

"Actually Teru, there is a problem. It's the Mystic Eye Killers, even though i'm wearing them, I can still see the Lines of Death to a certain extent. I was wondering if you could strengthen them."

There was a long pause of silence, but soon Shiki heard the sound of a sigh. However, he merely listened closely as he wanted to hear Teru's answer.

"I'll make another pair with stronger sealing capabilities. Now then, it's my turn to ask you something."

"Sure, what is it Teru?"

"Are you okay?"

Three words. It only took three words for the atmosphere to gain some level of intensity. Shiki began to ask himself over and over again if he was okay. However, there was only one answer he had.

"I don't know. I know I should be happy that Roa is gone along with his Dead Apostles. But when I think of her.....when I think of how I failed her, I want nothing more than to wring my own neck."

"So.....you've found something that made you feel human and now that it's gone, you feel as though you'll go back to being the empty husk you use to be. That's fine, in fact hold onto that feeling. The feeling of losing someone is hard, but when you think about what that person would want you to do, that can help you move forward. Shiki.....you've taken your first step to feeling human."

Soon Teru ended the call with Shiki. As the boy put his phone away, he began to think to himself. What would Arcueid want him to next? Soon the boy slapped himself for being so stupid.