𝟕| 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

────── ・ 。゚☆: *

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────

RIN sat on the sidewalk, back against the wall that surrounded the school. She was hugging her bare legs to her chest as the cold, night breeze blew in the air. The volleyball players were concerned at the sight of her form, wondering how long she has been out here.

"R–Rin-chan... why aren't you at home?" Oikawa asked as he kneeled down to her level. "I–It's a long story," Rin replied, pressing a smile on her face.

Iwaizumi stood in front of Rin and held out his hand for the girl. She stared at the hand for a couple of seconds before looking up at Iwaizumi in the eyes. Rin, unconsciously, brought her hand out, letting Iwaizumi take hold of it. Iwaizumi effortlessly pulled Rin up from her sitting position on the ground

"Why are you sitting out in the cold?" Iwaizumi asked, letting go of Rin's hand.

Oikawa stood up as well and crossed his arms with Iwaizumi, both boys now looking at Rin as if something terrible happened to her and she was keeping it a secret.

"So... I kind of walked to school today because my bike had a flat tire, and there wasn't enough time to fill it up. Then, my art club ran a little over time, and I missed the last bus back to my street. By the time I got outside, it was already dark, and the students were being told to leave anyway," Rin explained, scratching her head nervously.

"What about your friends?" Oikawa asked with a worried tone. "I had messaged them, but they all left campus early to go to the mall or something. So, I just decided to sit out here until some genius plan came to my mind," Rin replied, sighing afterwards.

Iwaizumi and Rin looked at Oikawa as he let out a light chuckle. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and sighed before opening his eyes to meet Rin's hazel orbs.

"Let's walk you home, then," Oikawa stated, slinging an arm around her shoulders. "I don't want to burden either of you with that," Rin commented, but Oikawa shook his head.

"I insist."

Rin glanced at Iwaizumi who nodded with what Oikawa had said, giving some reassurance to Rin. With that, the three of them began their walk away from the school and back to their houses.

As the awkward silence got more noticeable, Rin looked up at Oikawa since he began to clear his throat dramatically.

"Oi, go die somewhere else," Iwaizumi spoke out in his monotone voice. "Why are you so mean to me, Iwa-chan?" Oikawa whined with a slouch of his shoulders.

"Did you have something to say or do you always just cough and sound sick like that?" Rin asked, earning a snicker from Iwaizumi. "I was going to ask where your house is, so we can see who lives closer. Although, I bet it's me because you definitely enjoy my company over Iwa-chan's," Oikawa replied smugly, glancing at Iwaizumi.