𝟏𝟑| 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

────── ・ 。゚☆: *

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────

TODAY was a big day for all of the schools' volleyball teams in the prefecture. A buzzing alarm vibrated Rin's nightstand beside her bed, forcing an irritated groan to expel from her mouth. When her eyes opened and her mind realized what day it was, the exhaustion in her body flew right out and was replaced with the utmost excitement. Rin was ready to see Aoba Johsai go to beat Shiratorizawa and go to Nationals.

It didn't take long for Rin to shower and get herself dressed. The weather outside was pretty cold for a fall day, so Rin chose to wear a fluffy, oversized, cerulean blue half-zip jacket that reached to her thighs which were covered with black leggings. She slipped on some warm socks and let her hair go in its natural wavy style.

As soon as Rin stepped out of her room, the smell of delicious eggs cooking in the kitchen wafted into her nose. She smiled at the amazing scent, but it quickly disappeared when she realized that she's usually home alone. Rin walked down the hallway and reached the kitchen where she spotted broad shoulders and the back of a man wearing an apron.

"D–Dad?"

The man turned around. His face was covered in wrinkles, but he maintained a handsome look there. The hair on his head was thinning but still jet black in color with a few streaks of grey here and there. He also had hazel colored eyes that matched Rin's perfectly.

"Dad!" Rin exclaimed.

It didn't take long for Rin to practically hurl herself into her father's strong, muscular arms. Her father let out light chuckles and some groans at the sudden add in weight in his arms. Rin nuzzled her face into his chest, enjoying the warmth that came from him.

"When did you get back?" Rin asked as she pulled away to look at him. "Only this morning. You were deep in your sleep, so I didn't wake you up," her father replied with a smile.

"I'm so glad you're back, and I see you made my favorite!" Rin shouted, glancing at the frying pan.

Rin's favorite breakfast food ever since she was a little child was double stack of pancakes shaped in hearts, scrambled eggs, and a side of yogurt, strawberry of course. Her father always made it for her whenever she was sad or in need of some delicious food.

"Yes, I just knew you were going to be starving the minute you woke up. Where are you heading to anyway, don't you have school today?" her father asked as he served the breakfast onto plates. "No, I don't have school today because our school's volleyball team is headed to the prelims. Their first match is today, actually, which is where I'm going," Rin replied.

"Oh, right... your two friends play on the team, right? Iwaizumi and Oikawa?"

Rin nodded her head and stole her plate from her father, grabbing utensils to eat with.