𝟐𝟐| 𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐏𝐔𝐅𝐅 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒

────── ・ 。゚☆: *

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────

DAYS passed by with no contact between the Aoba Johsai captain, ace, and Rin. Ever since school let out for a vacation period, Oikawa and Iwaizumi were knee deep in practicing to perfect themselves for their future matches in the Spring Tournament. Rin, on the other hand, took extra shifts at the bakery to help relieve her boredom.

She was concerned for the boys' health, and every night she would stare at her phone, hoping for a single message or call from either one of the boys. But, of course, they kept themselves too busy for Rin, especially Iwaizumi. Sure he didn't show it back at the gymnasium, but after he dropped off Rin to her house, he let out all of his frustration on his punching bag that he kept in his family's garage for his exercises. He was irritated with losing to Shiratorizawa over and over again.

Today was like any other recent day where Rin sat at the counter of the bakery she worked at and was leaned back in her chair whilst sipping on her iced coffee from down the street and reading through billions of tweets on Twitter. Usually, business wouldn't be booming at this time of day, so it was practically free time for Rin to unwind and do whatever she pleased.

So, it was a surprise when her eyes widened at the sound of the bell dangling above the door to the bakery. Rin nearly fell out of her chair at the sight of the huge, muscular man in a Shiratorizawa volleyball team jacket. He had on his usual stoic expression as he looked around the bakery he walked into.

"I didn't think I'd see you here considering you live miles away from this bakery. What're you doing here, Ushijima-kun?" Rin asked with her arms crossed. "I wanted to apologize about my Shiratorizawa comment the other day. It was a little out of line," Ushijima replied, scratching his olive colored hair.

"Hmm... so you came all the way here, to the place I work, to apologize to me? And how did you find where I worked anyway?" Rin questioned. "That was all Tendou's doing. Apparently, the two of you follow each other on Instagram, and he went through your feed and stuff to find your location," Ushijima replied, "I'm trying not to come off as a creep, yet it definitely sounds like it."

"I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear any of that. I–I guess I accept your apology. To be honest, I hate holding grudges, so if you didn't mean to say it, then I'm okay with it," Rin said. "Good... good. Um, I also promised Tendou that I would get him a slice of his favorite chocolate ice cream cake," Ushijima added, looking into the display case full of treats.

"I'll have that out for you in a second."

Ushijima watched Rin walk over to the line of freezers behind the display case. She brought out a delicious looking, chocolate ice cream cake and a small box to save a slice in. Rin cut the cake, effortlessly despite it being frozen solid, and placed the slice inside of the box.

"Alright, that'll be–"

"Just keep the change," Ushijima said, cutting Rin off with a few bills in hand, "Also... can I get your number? That way if I ever do something stupid again, then I won't have to ride the bus all the way here."