𝟑𝟗| 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄

────── ・ 。゚☆: *

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────

TAKING a look at her phone was one of the hardest things Rin could ever do at this moment of time. It was around five in the evening, meaning there was only a certain amount of time left until her flight leaves at nine o'clock the next morning.

Nonetheless, Rin put on a smile as she spotted Iwaizumi making his way back to the car. A small chocolate shake was tucked between his arm and his side while a bowl of strawberry flavored ice cream covered in chocolate syrup and sprinkles sat in his hand. Swiftly, Iwaizumi pulled out his keys, unlocked the car, and sat down. He handed the ice cream bowl to Rin who accepted it graciously.

Iwaizumi sipped on his shake and set it down in the cup holder before buckling his seatbelt.

"Should we wait for us to finish?" Iwaizumi asked, glancing at Rin. "Mhm, this is too good to rush," Rin replied, mouth full of ice cream and circling her spoon above the bowl.

Iwaizumi chuckled and grabbed his shake once again as he undid his seatbelt to get more comfortable. The two delve into their sweets, enjoying the pure silence surrounding the car's atmosphere. Neither of them were bothered by it, one bit.

It took them each ten minutes to finish their sweets and clean up after themselves. Rin let out a yawn due to the sudden exhaustion coming down onto her. Last night, the pair had decided to have a movie marathon up until four in the morning which is when they each fell asleep, so naturally, Rin's body began to grow tired around this time.

"Let's get you home," Iwaizumi stated as he started the car and buckled up once again. "What? No! I wanna stay out!" Rin exclaimed, widening her eyes as she looked at Iwaizumi.

Iwaizumi looked over at Rin to find small eye bags under her eyes and redness overtaking the whites of her eyes, two signs of exhaustion and sleepiness. He reached over and held her hand in his own, bringing it up to his lips to give it a gentle peck.

"Babe, you're sleepy. It's okay if I take you home right now because you'll need the energy tomorrow when you go to the airport in the morning," Iwaizumi said, trying to persuade Rin. "But... it's not even sunset yet," Rin spoke with a pout.

"I know, but I value your health over anything."

Rin sighed and rested her head against the car door, playing with Iwaizumi's ring on his ring finger.

"Will you stay until I fall asleep?" Rin asked, staring at Iwaizumi's motionless fingers. "Anything you need, I'll do it," Iwaizumi replied, smiling at the girl.

With that, Iwaizumi began to drive out of the parking lot of the ice cream parlor they had visited and joined oncoming traffic. In a matter of fifteen minutes, the car arrived at Rin's house, and Iwaizumi drove onto the driveway, parking the car.

Once the car turned off, Iwaizumi looked over at the passenger's side of the car only to bring a smile to his face. Rin had fallen asleep with her head resting against the center armrest between the seats and Iwaizumi's arm clung in her own slim arms. Iwaizumi quickly pulled out his phone and took a picture of the girl, wanting to use it as his lockscreen.