𝟗| 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒

────── ・ 。゚☆: *

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────

FANGIRLS were just about everywhere whenever there was a single sight of Oikawa Tooru. It didn't come off as a surprise for neither Iwaizumi nor Rin when Oikawa got crowded by the happy, sun shining girls for which he happily accepted their gifts and signed their belongings for them.

Iwaizumi and Rin left Oikawa to his morning duties and entered the school building, acting like none of that just happened. The two third years walked up two flights of stairs to reach their appropriate level.

Before Rin could head off to her class, Iwaizumi gently pressed a hand to her shoulder. She turned around with her round, hazel eyes widening slightly and her lips pulled into a straight line as she awaited his deep voice to sound. The two stared at one another for a few minutes, oblivious to the multitude of eyes watching them stand there.

"Um... Iwaizumi-kun, w–why did you stop me?" Rin asked, looking into his olive green eyes. She was expecting to hear his beautiful voice, yet she definitely wasn't expecting a random staring contest.

Iwaizumi felt the nerves all coming back to him. Before going up the stairs, he was confident in his word choices and what he was going to say to Rin, but now, he wasn't so sure of himself. Iwaizumi coughed a little to get rid of some of those chilling nerves, but it didn't help that he felt a scorching heat rush to his cheeks.

"D–Do you w–want to watch p–practice today?" he asked with multiple stutters. Internally, he wanted to physically smack himself in the face for letting his nerves get to the best of him. What had happened to the confidence he was building up? "O–Oh, sure! Why so suddenly, though?" she questioned back with a small head tilt.

"That way you don't have to walk home alone, or wait out in the c–cold like yester–yesterday," Iwaizumi replied, scratching his head. Instead of mentally thinking about it, his hand actually began to lightly smack the side of his head. The action certainly confused Rin.

Rin watched as he smacked his head multiple tines before stuffing his hands into his khakis pockets. She liked that he thought about her well-being, more than she did herself. He was already a better friend than Yuna or Keiko since they haven't even read her messages from the night before. Rin gave the taller ace a warm smile and thanked him generously.

"I'll see you at practice then," Rin announced with a wave.

Iwaizumi watched as she disappeared into her classroom. He exhaled a deep breath that he was holding in and was proud of himself for having the courage to ask her such a question and adding in the explanation.

"Iwa... chan, help... me-"

"What in the world... I'm not even going to ask."

Oikawa was lying down on the stairs with muticolored pen marks all over his face and sleeves. Iwaizumi rolled his eyes and walked over to Oikawa, holding out a hand for the boy to which he graciously accepted.