𝟐𝟖| 𝐇𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇

────── ・ 。゚☆: *

────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──────

USHIJIMA parked the car in the parking lot of a nearby cafe and bakery. After unbuckling their seatbelts, Rin and Ushijima got out of the car and made their way to the front entrance. Being the gentleman he was, Ushijima held the door open for the much shorter girl he was accompanied by.

Rin entered the bakery, and it was like her whole view on the world outside was turned upside down. It was the cutest little shop she could ever step foot in. The floors were covered in white and light pink tiles, the walls were painted a minty green color, and the countertops were mounted with shiny, light pink marble.

"Oh my god... this looks like it could fit in my dreams," Rin mumbled as she looked around the cafe and bakery. "I figured you'd like it since you used to wear everything pastel back in the day," Ushijima replied, walking up to the register with Rin trailing behind.

"Okay don't say back in the day. It makes us sound like old adults," Rin jokes with a light giggle. "But aren't we kind of like old adults? I mean we're both eighteen now," Ushijima replied, eyeing the menu curiously.

"Well I'd rather not think of myself as an adult until I leave high school and enter the adult world... you know?"

Ushijima shrugged his shoulders, and his stoic expression never faltered even when a cashier came to take their orders. Rin ordered a simple strawberry banana smoothie with a blueberry muffin whilst Ushijima went with a caramel frappuccino and two chocolate chip cookies.

As they waited for their orders, Rin and Ushijima stood near the glass display case which held the most delicious baked goods anyone has ever seen, apart from the ones Rin made for the bakery. She hummed along to the song that played on the cafe and bakery's speaker system and glanced around curiously.

Every small detail she exposed herself to the world made Ushijima feel even more nervous just by standing beside her. He knew well enough that she was dating Iwaizumi, but that doesn't mean his feelings for her are in check. Even the way she bounces up and down on her tippy toes gets Ushijima all flustered.

Soon, their orders were called out and served with a happy smile. Ushijima and Rin took their individual drinks and snacks and sat down at a table for two right to a large, rectangular window.

"So, tell me why you invited me out," Rin started the conversation, biting into her muffin. "Well... um... I guess it's been a while since the two of us even talked, and I didn't really want to end our friendship. So here we are sitting in your dream world sipping on drinks and eating baked goods," Ushijima replied nonchalantly.

"Mm... I guess I missed you, too. After all, I'm the only one that knows your a big ol' softie on the inside," Rin teased Ushijima with a smile. "Y–Yes... I guess so. Also... I see you're wearing Iwaizumi's jersey," Ushijima pointed out, sipping on his drink.