Chapter 27

Soon enough, the submarine started to shake.

"Is anyone else feeling a little nervous?" Polnareff asked, his voice slightly higher due to his fear.

"Just try to stay calm. We need to be level headed during situations like this," you said, placing a hand on his arm to comfort him.

"Since most of you haven't been scuba diving, I'll have to teach you. The most important thing you have to remember is that you have to stay calm," Joseph said as he struggled to suit up.

He began to explain who water pressure works, and how you would all have to swim slowly in order to reach the surface without harm. Simple enough, you thought. He started to let the water in, and you began to wonder how well you'd be able to swim with all of the bulky clothes.

As the water started to pour in, he explained how the regulator worked. He explained how it only let air in from the tank. Everything else, like carbon dioxide and saliva, would come out from the sides.

"Since we can't talk underwater, we'll be using hand signals," Joseph continued.

He then began to do certain hand signals that meant different things, and you tried your best to remember them.

"Wait, Mr. Joestar. Couldn't we just use our Stands to talk?" Avdol asked. Joseph looked enlightened.

"I didn't even think about that," he replied thoughtfully.

Polnareff pouted and said, "Damn... And I was just about to say that I know a really good hand signal."

He clapped his hands, put up a peace sign, put up an "ok" sign, and saluted before leaning to the side. Kakyoin looked over Polnareff's shoulder.

"He said, 'Your underwear is showing,'" Kakyoin translated.

You snorted before covering your mouth to suppress your laughter. He had made some sort of pun in Japanese, and you managed to catch on. Polnareff yelled before they started doing some kind of handshake. Joseph scolded them for not being serious, but you couldn't help but giggle at the immature joke. Eventually, the water got up to your shoulders, and you were all ordered to put on the masks and regulators. Not long later, the water filled the entire room, and Joseph opened the hatch on the top. You all gave Joseph the "ok" symbol... Except for Polnareff, whose muffled screams finally reached your ears. You looked at him with shock. The High Priestess had transformed into the regulator for his equipment!

It bit into his lip, blood flowing out into the water around him. It must have already made its way into the room and transformed when they weren't looking. It began to burrow into Polnareff's mouth.

"We need to drain the room!" you heard Jotaro say.

For a moment, you were surprised, but you remembered that you could speak through your Stands.

"It's too late. We need to figure out another way to save him," you replied.

You summoned Queen of Hearts while Kakyoin summoned Hierophant Green. Using your abilities, you managed to wrap around the Stand and pull it out from Polnareff's mouth. It was... a really disgusting ordeal, and Queen of Hearts made a sour face. Before Jotaro could attack it, it slipped out of your Stands' grips by transforming into a harpoon gun. It shot the harpoon and Silver Chariot deflected it. However, it kept trying to attack him.

As it reloaded itself, you all escaped through the hatch, and Jotaro closed it before the harpoon could escape. You breathed a sigh of relief once you all were far enough away from the submarine.

"That was a little too close for comfort," Kakyoin said as he swam beside you and Jotaro.

"It's too soon for us to relax, especially since that bastard knows exactly how to hit us where it hurts most." Polnareff was using Jotaro's air tank until you guys got to the surface.